Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to fit an 8 foot surfboard inside the vehicle with all seats folded including the front passenger's seat?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I actually think you might be able to! I was at Home Depot and grabbed a couple of 8' 2x4's and when my son and I got to the CT I started to laugh because I was so used to my Honda Pilot I didn't even think about getting them home. I dropped the back passenger side seat and they fit lengthwise between the front seats to the floor in front of the passenger seat while my son was in it. So with the front passenger seat down as well I think you just might be able to do it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually think you might be able to! I was at Home Depot and grabbed a couple of 8' 2x4's and when my son and I got to the CT I started to laugh because I was so used to my Honda Pilot I didn't even think about getting them home. I dropped the back passenger side seat and they fit lengthwise between the front seats to the floor in front of the passenger seat while my son was in it. So with the front passenger seat down as well I think you just might be able to do it.
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Might just fit. I measured at about 95 inches which is just 1 inch short of 8ft but I was measure in dark with seats up from rear to where tape measure touched dash just to give you an idea.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Seems like a match made in heaven

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Nice fit! Not sure if you knew or not, but there's a storage area beneath the rear carpet mat that is for stowing/holding the rear cargo cover. The dealer showed it to me when I took delivery, though it took him 5 min. to figure out how to fit it in there. It's part of the black styro-foam below...

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah, i'm currently driving a prius and it looks like they have identical compartments for the cargo cover under there. i am kind of disappointed that they went with the funky styrofoam insert for that underfloor storage space... seems like the cutouts in the foam only work for the owner's manual and some other oddly shaped items. sometimes i like to hide my laptop bag in the prius underfloor storage compartment, just to get it out of sight when i'm surfing after work.

i guess i could technically pull out the styrofoam and plop my laptop bag on top of the spare tire, but i'm a little afraid of it hitting up against the battery as i drive. does anyone know if there a plastic bin/liner that can be bought separately and fits in that space, without it being sectioned off like the current styrofoam insert?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I wasn't aware that the front passenger seat could fold down. This is great news.
I can't fold mine down???? This is new on some cars?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I wasn't aware of this either. Guess I'll have no trouble fitting a snowboard in there!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I see it now, that makes more sense.
He fully reclined the front seat. It doesn't actually fold forward.

Sorry for the confusion.
If you move the front passenger seat forwards as far as it will go, will it recline flat in front the the rear seats? :rolleyes:

A picture would be very much appreciated ... :D

Thx

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks for the pic!

It isn't flat, but the passenger seat space is still quite useful. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
yep, maxa's photo is exactly what i did... slid the front seat forward, reclined it all the way back, then took off the headrest.

·
Registered
34 Posts
too bad i can't fit my golf clubs in the trunk....

·
Registered
414 Posts
too bad i can't fit my golf clubs in the trunk....
Yah, but if you drop the driver's side rear seat flat, they fit in just fine. If just two of you going, drop both rear seats and put your clubs in lengthwise up to the front seats.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts