Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said that after I got my first UOA from Blackstone Labs I would post it. The analysis was unexciting, which is what you really want. But, the engine also only has 24,000 miles on it, with only 5,700 miles on this change. So, I would expect nothing less. Not sure if I'm going to do this with every change. Lexus engines are known for longevity, Toyota as well. I owned two Corollas that I got over 200,000 miles on with little issue, plus a Lexus SC300 with over 200K miles with various hardware problems, but no issues with the engine or transmission. So I expect the same from this one.

For whatever reason, the system isn't letting me post the attachment. I have approval to post, but the website isn't loading the dialog box. I'll check later to try to load this up.

Their analysis text said: LARRY: We're envious of your Prius masquerading as a Lexus. You've got the best of both worlds. Toyotaengines tend to make very little metal, which is what we're seeing here--your metals match up nicely with
averages, and there's nothing here to make us think there might be a problem in the works. No
contamination like fuel, moisture, coolant, or excess silicon (which can show an air filtration problem) was
found. Averages are based on ~7,800 miles on the oil. This is shaping up to be a really nice engine for you!

BTW, I did install a drain plug magnet with this change. It will be interesting to see if the iron drops from the current change to the next one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Prius engines have had some ring failures and oil consumption issues after 90,000 miles. I went 10,000 on the last oil change, at 20,000. Now at 24,000 I may change it at 27,000. I have been running TC-W3 oil in the gas at 1 oz per 5 gallons to provide some upper cylinder lubrication and keep that area clean. You can search TC-W3 gas additive for more information.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts