Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick few things I wanted to see if you guys had any insight on..

I'm coming up on my 10k service but I have moved away from the dealership I purchased my CT from. The dealership I purchased from takes care of the first two services for free, but will another dealership in the area I am now living in also do it for free, or is it a dealership thing?

Also, was running on E and the Cruising Range was at 0 for at least ten miles after it hit 0. When I got to the gas station to fill up, it only took 8 gallons! When I filled the car the first time after I purchased, it took 11 gallons but never has since. Where did those three extra gallons go, and why will the car stop at 8 for a fill up now? Reserve fuel or something?

Thanks!

·
Registered
609 Posts
You could just call and ask the dealer. It does seems like every dealer in the US is giving the first 2 services for free so I think Lexus may reimburse them.

Yes, CT has a huge reserve. Cruising Range usually hit 0 after you use about 8.5 gallon. I have gone as far as 100 miles beyond CR=0 and still only have to put in 10.5 gallons. There are many threads on this, some says that the CT uses the reserve fuel for cooling so you may not want to run it empty too often. I just use the cruising range as a "yellow" warning light to remind me to fill up next time when I am not in a hurry.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just called the new dealership and they said they will honor the complementary second service. Just an FYI for anyone else!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts