Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always based the first service from taking delivery of a new car from either the first xx kms/miles or yy months according to the service booklet.
What just occured to me is if one does low kms/miles obviously it'll be based on the latter. So, for the first service, would you count it from the day one you delivery of the vehicle or the build/compliance plate? When you take delivery of the vehicle and there isn't any stock problem, it could have been sitting in their car yard for a month or even more!

·
Registered
53 Posts
You should "start the clock" on the day you purchased the vehicle/put it into service. For these cars, it is pretty easy as most of the maintenance is on 5,000 mile intervals and not really time-based.

Was there a specific service you had a question on? I took my CT into the dealer at 1000 miles and they told me there was no 1000 mile service scheduled for these cars, but they did a routine check on it and washed it all free of charge for me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's 15,000kms or 12 months whichever comes first..
As i
I'm not likely to do the kms so would be basing it on the 12 months. So it'll be based then from the time I took delivery rather than from the time the car left the factory? What would be acceptable as the oil do deteriorate over time?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, you should base it starting from the day you took delivery. The oil should be fine for a 12 month period, so if you are not hitting the kms interval, then you should change it at the 12 month interval.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts