Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to report encountered first CT200h problem

My wife and I went out to dinner.

First time I've driven the car since last Sunday.

I shift in to sport mode and no tach display!!!

The red back light appears and I could feel the quicker response but the gauge didn't change.

I hope this is not a reliability omen!

Call dealer next week.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The good news is my wife said stop at a gas station and fill the tank.

A whopping $18 for half a tank of gas.

In her previous car it would have been $40 !!!!!!

:):):):):)

·
Registered
208 Posts
You know the tach display is a user-defined setting. Cycle through the settings on the little display by the speedometer and make sure it's set up correctly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yep, probably just a case of unintentional customization. If your wife is anything like mine, there's no telling what sequence of buttons that woman may have pressed.

As a side note, I've also found the fuel gauge to be horribly inaccurate. Filling from empty, I wasn't even able to put in 8 gallons. Can't speak for the 1/2 mark, but wouldn't be surprised if that were off, too.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It may not be an electrical problem.
You may have hit the "Mode" button and accidentally cycled off the red display. You might want to check the user manual. So many buttons on the car.
I think getting 500 miles on a tank of gas is a realistic goal.
I have been averaging 45mpg so far. Only had the car 2 days so I have not had to refill it yet.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think your OK... I had thought the same thing, then I read the manual (when in doubt). If you have the cruise control engaged the tach will not display in Sport mode, it will display the energy meter only. Make sure you turn off the cruise and then turn to Sport mode and you should see it work... it was driving me crazy too :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry to report encountered first CT200h problem

My wife and I went out to dinner.

First time I've driven the car since last Sunday.

I shift in to sport mode and no tach display!!!

The red back light appears and I could feel the quicker response but the gauge didn't change.

I hope this is not a reliability omen!

Call dealer next week.

:):):):):)

I had same problem, just make sure that your did not turn on "Cruise Control". That was the case for me. When the Cruise Control is on RPM Gauge will not be switched.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Either you're on cruise control or someone accidentally turned off the tachy under the multi-information display (MID) in the little screen in your gauge cluster. You can access those options when the car is parked and on and by pressing the Disp. button on your steering wheel until you see the "Options (PRESS AND HOLD)" screen.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes, if you have the cruise turned on, not even active, the tach will not display in sport mode. Page 719 note 6 of the owners manual.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for these posts, even the salesman was stumped by this during the test ride and it has been a mystery to me (it is the thickest owners manual I've ever seen)...until last night when I read about the cruise and sure enough you are all very correct...thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been having the same problem, I'm 100% sure that is not in cruise control mode. I left my car at the dealer to have it checked today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts