Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've had the car for about 10 days, but I got it the day before I left for vacation, so it sat in the garage for a week and then I've just been back and forth to things within town (10-15 mile trips max). Today, was the big day - 40 miles, 32 of which are interstate, into the office in Atlanta.

Now, I'm an early bird, so I leave the house at 5:15am and go to the Gym in our office complex to work out, so traffic is typically in my favor at that time in the morning. The commute home tonight is another matter.... But I guess I'll be using my battery more than my gas....

I was concerned that my highway experience was going to cause me to become a slow lane driver, but I've been pleasantly surprised. I moved along this morning at between 70 and 80 mph, mostly settled around 75, in normal mode and even ventured into the inside lane on a number of occasions. The car performed very well. I've got to get used to how far on the gas pedal to push down to cruse at that speed, I'm coming from a 2007 Mustang GT where I could cruse at that speed with the lightest of touches to the accelerator, but give me a couple of days and I'll have it down and maybe even learn how to pulse and glide properly to improve mpg further. Anyway, doing nothing special but driving this morning I got 39.9mpg on the computer for that trip, which was respectable based on the speed.

I know there's some variance between the computer and real calculated numbers, but it sure beats my old Mustang's 22mpg on a good day, with a tailwind. So, I've gone from two gallons of gas one way for my commute (~4 gal per day) to about 2 gal per day... a 50% reduction in gas...

Town driving has been between 43 and 47mpg on the computer. I think 43.1 was my worst, and that was me having a bit of fun in Sports mode....

All I can say is, I LOVE THIS CAR... for those who are still waiting... hang in there... it's worth it...

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Enjoy! I agree I was worried at first I would be a slow lane driver, but I've stuck to my fast lane driving. Only thing it really lacks is fast pick up when you wanna get up to speed, or you get that weird engine sound.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Very nice, I too just had my first commute in the CT this AM. Managing 50 MPG since I took delivery last night!

·
Registered
82 Posts
^ Jealous!! I've seen one in the wild in Southern NH/Northern MA. Mine will be here....someday :(

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
^ Jealous!! I've seen one in the wild in Southern NH/Northern MA. Mine will be here....someday :(
Where you from man? You should put your location in your profile. Where did you order yours from?

Yeah, tell me about it. I've only seen one CT on the road (on Wilmington/Andover line) about a month ago. I felt like I was driving a space ship on the ride home last night...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I now have had my ct about 5 weeks and just completed a long road trip 600 miles round trip Buffalo to Akron Ohio country roads and hills down interstate return a/c set at 72 as it was 85-90 outside performance was great no problems on interstate 65-70 mph long hills made it work a little . my mpg was between 48.5 and 50 mpg comfort was great all in all luv this car

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I now have had my ct about 5 weeks and just completed a long road trip 600 miles round trip Buffalo to Akron Ohio country roads and hills down interstate return a/c set at 72 as it was 85-90 outside performance was great no problems on interstate 65-70 mph long hills made it work a little . my mpg was between 48.5 and 50 mpg comfort was great all in all luv this car
Awesome! That's exactly the same mileage range I'm getting in mine! How much load did you have in the trunk? Did you have a bunch of bags or was it light?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Jimmy, I'm growing more and more envious everytime I see one of your posts. I saw one parked in Brookline last week right off of route 9.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Jimmy, I'm growing more and more envious everytime I see one of your posts. I saw one parked in Brookline last week right off of route 9.
I'm sorry man! Does your dealer truly have no idea when you might see your car? I find that hard to believe. I've still only seen one on the road, Matador Red near Reading/Wilmington line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts