Lexus CT200h Forums banner

First Bad Reviews I've Seen on the CT200h

7K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  corrado_mr2 
I test drove and looked at the A3. The TDI was on my list due to the torque and economy. Problem was that just like the CT is a "Re-badged Toyota", the A3 is a re-badged VW..... bottom of the barrel VW none the less. I went and test drove the CT with a friend of mine who has an 04 TDI 5speed Jetta. He ordered and purchased brand new and even he said it'll be the last VW he ever buys.
My father loves his Audi's and even he agree's that they are 3 year/15000 mile cars. After that parts start failing, and noises appear.

Different strokes for different folks
My GTI, sister car of the A3, had noises from the beginning. Also, it would turn the bass all the way up on the radio when I held the steering wheel at a certain angle. And the AC failed twice. And cruise control failed 200 miles into a 5000 mile roadtrip. And paint was chipping off a portion of the bumper that couldn't have physically been hit. And the clearcoat was chipping off the wheels. Do I need to go on? Completely unacceptable for a three year old car. I loved the car, but it was terrible to own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.