Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have some very fine scratches on the dashboard (which is black) nthat appear as faint white lines/marks. I have tried cleaning with mild soap and water but that does not help. Don't even know how scratches were caused - can't even feel them, but can "see" the white lines. I have read that shoe polish or a permanent marker will work but am scared to try! Anyone experience this problem?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hi
I have some very fine scratches on the dashboard (which is black) nthat appear as faint white lines/marks. I have tried cleaning with mild soap and water but that does not help. Don't even know how scratches were caused - can't even feel them, but can "see" the white lines. I have read that shoe polish or a permanent marker will work but am scared to try! Anyone experience this problem?
Obviously try anything you can take off at first in case it doesn't work, but a sharpie has worked for me in the past with similar marks, but I sure don't know about a dashboard. Try it in a small place where it isn't noticed very easily. Shoe dye works very well if you need it to be dull, not shiny. Shoe heel dressing if you need it to be shiny. Something will cover it, but you may end up with black marks where the scratches were. As I said, experiment in a non conspicuous place. Good luck. A car interior place can certainly fix it easily.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the same type of scratches that I believe were created by a sharp edge of a sun shade. It appears the dash has some type of painted surface. We have a 2009 Highlander that has a hard plastic dash with the same issue. It scratches very easily and there appears to be no touch-up paint available. I was hoping that the CT which has a soft dash would not be painted. But it seems to be. Fortunately my scratches are near the windshield so they aren't easily visible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts