Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

After watching the forums here for over 6 months, I finally got my 2012 CT200h. I waited and got the radar cruise control, and LOVE IT! :cool:

Jerry

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Congratulations. I would have loved to get the radar cruise control, but we don't get it up in Canada :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only got the car yesterday, and haven't read the manual.... From what I understand, it's similar to PCS on the Prius.

You set your speed, like the normal cruise control. But if the car "sees" a car in front of you, it will slow you down to match their speed. once the other car is gone, it takes you up to your pre-set speed. (the display on the dash shows a car and radar animation)

There are 3 modes, far (default), mid, and near. (I've only used far and mid, so far :) )

at one point, I had it set to 60mph, a car changed into my lane. when I caught up to him, he was going 50, and my car slowed down and followed him at 50. then the light ahead, changed to Red. As he slowed down, so did my car. when he got to about 25-30mph, the car Beeped twice. At this point PCS turned off, and I had to brake myself.

All in all, its a pretty cool system.

I"ve been waiting for a car with PCS, and it's well worth it! This is only the 2nd one that I"ve seen in Southern California (user, MomLexusCT go the other one) it's too bad that dealers don't order more cars with this feature on it.

Jerry

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congratulations Jerry! I'm so glad you got that car! We just got back from a 1,200 mile California road trip for the holiday. We drove from San Diego up to Sacramento and back---- went north the long way, through L.A. and the PCH, came back over the mountains on the 99 to 395. Awesome trip and if you ask me, radar cruise is the greatest invention since anti-lock brakes-- what an excellent feature! I only had to touch the pedals a few times on the highway, it definitely took the stress out continuously adjusting speed and distance on the highway.

·
Registered
270 Posts
What city or State do you live in to get the radar .
The radar cruise control is available on the UK spec CT as well but only on the top spec SE-L Premier. Same thing with the performance dampers (unless that's changed with the 2012 models). That one was a bit rich for my blood, I went for the middle UK spec.

Congrats on getting your CT Jerryss :D Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us are.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jerry I just ordered the F-Sport w black leather, LED, Navig. pre collision cruse, and 10 speaker. The color is silver w black inside. I have been waiting for several months for pre collision in the F-sport, just last week Lexus said it is now starting production. I live in Northridge, and did not want the lowering springs because of the ride. thanks for the heads up from you and others on the C T Forum as to the pre collision system. Steve17

1 - 11 of 11 Posts