Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 months of waiting and the promise of at least a couple more we broke down and accepted an offer from the dealership for a CT that almost fits our requests.

So instead of Matador w/ black interior we're getting Ecru nuluxe. I'm going to cross my fingers that our jeans don't turn the nuluxe blue though...

3 weeks until delivery and then I can decide if I want to be gutsy enough to replace the halogens with HID kits.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Wow, you just couldn't wait any longer! Congrats and I hope the 3 weeks is a true 3 weeks for you!

The HID lights really do look nice with the OEM projector housings...OEM looking actually if you go with a natural color and nothing too blue.

Good luck on delivery in 3 weeks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As an aside...since I see you've put in a HID kit...

Myself being a total novice when it comes to doing anything to a car (I can change oil, air filters, etc but not much else) how likely am I to destroy something if I tried to do a HID replacement on our CT when it arrives?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm going to cross my fingers that our jeans don't turn the nuluxe blue though...
I recall reading a thread a while back discussing this as well as an article (link)that states this will not happen. There should be no worries... (of stains, that is). So, I think you'll be good.

·
Registered
208 Posts
As an aside...since I see you've put in a HID kit...

Myself being a total novice when it comes to doing anything to a car (I can change oil, air filters, etc but not much else) how likely am I to destroy something if I tried to do a HID replacement on our CT when it arrives?
I did it in my CT. It was simple.

·
Registered
516 Posts
As far as stains in Ecru, I have 3 weeks and no stains yet...keeping fingers crossed. I think the whole problem with the jeans in a light interior is if you are "wet"...you get caught in a rainstorm and get into the car with soaking wet jeans on...it might rub off (possibly).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts