Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum here. Just purchased a 2013 ct with 36K miles in Illinois. The 4 original Michelin tires show cupping and inner wear and the front tires are down to 4 32nds. So I negotiated with dealer and they tried put on 4 new Fierce Instinct ZR tires (m+s 215/17/ZR45 91W) on the ct. Could anyone advise on how do these tires compare with the original Michelin Primacy tires (and if the Fierce tires are actually fit for the ct; also what about noise on highways)?

Much appreciated.

·
380 Posts
Well, they're considered UHP tires, so they'll be very grippy, excellent tires in good weather.
There are a few downsides though. They might not be all that great in the winter. Lots of UHP tires, even if they're rated all-season, simply don't do well in the snow.
This might be a concern in Illinois, depending on where you are. FWIW, the OEM Primacys were pretty crappy in Chicago winters too though.

The other thing is the treadwear rating is only 30k miles, so you might only get a couple years on the tires before they'll need to be replaced. This is obviously depending on your driving style.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info!

Well I might spend sometime in Chicago this winter so I guess not great news? But would you say that the original Michelins are better tires overall (and during nasty weathers?)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts