Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're in New Hampshire on vacation. Already seen 3 Fiat 500s but no CT's.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Isn't nice knowing that the 'CT club' is so unique - only 5 sold in Barrie and I've only seen one so far in two months.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I saw a Fiat in the mall over the weekend. I was surprised at how small the car is. I also noticed that the gas mileage is no where near what it should be for such a small car. My wife compared it to a Smart car.

A few years back I saw Top Gear do a review of the 500. On the small screen it seemed a lot bigger and more attractive. Even Jeremy had good things to say about it. I remember telling my kids that if they ever bring that car to the US, I would consider buying one. Not after seeing it person.

Speaking of Top Gear, I'd love to see them review the CT. They did a review on Fifth Gear, but they hold no respect in my eyes.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
No kidding. I wasn't aware that the 500's were on sale yet here. I haven't seen any here in the US, but saw a ton when I was in Italy last month.

Still have yet to see any other CT's on the road since I took delivery. I did see one about 3 months ago and that was that... I am actually enjoying not seeing any others on the road, makes me feel a bit exclusive. I just have a feeling the CT's will start to be a dime a dozen, like the Prius, in a year or two.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Speaking of Top Gear, I'd love to see them review the CT.
It'll be trashed. They'll make fun of the lack of performance, its lack of fuel economy at top speed (which is too low anyway) and the 'fact' that it takes a fortnight to get from 0 to 60.

Remember, Top Gear is not a car program, it's entertainment. You don't want your car reviewed by them, unless it's an entertaining car.

·
Registered
209 Posts
No comparison at all between the Fiat 500 and the CT. The 500 is WAY smaller and much more downmarket. Whilst I could get away with using the CT as my main family car (wife and 2 daughters, all under 5'2"), there's no way I could consider doing this with a Fiat 500.

There are loads on the road here in the UK. Don't get me wrong, they are great little cars, but it's like comparing chalk and cheese.

Agree that Top Gear would ridicule the CT as too slow (This week's show ridiculed an Aston as it was optimized to go round the Nurnburgring, they said the ride should be softer)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Fiats are being built in Mexico, and they've completely failed to advertise that they even exist, so expect to see LOTS on lots and not selling to quickly.

The CT meanwhile was advertised rather well and isn't being built quickly enough to match demand. Completely opposite situation amazingly!
Speaking of Top Gear, I'd love to see them review the CT.
No you wouldn't. Top Gear magazine hated it :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts