Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I see how people are waiting for 4+ months for the CT200, it makes me feel lucky to have one. I have a question though if anyone has an opinion, just chime in. Being that the CT200h was only supposed to sell in limited production (before the tsunami hapened), I think about 1,000 units per month, now that there are very few of them in model year 2011, how will that affect the resale a few years down the road? Will it make a 2011 car worth more or less because of very limited production for model year 2011?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I can't really comment much on the resale value part...to me, things like that are a flip of a coin. If it sells well, it'll retain great resale (?)...but, we always lose when trading it in, anyway.

On the 'lottery' part, however, I have my suspicions. When I was talking to the salesman, I felt I was being interviewed. Those harmless, personal questions seemed like strategies to check my credit history. Scare tactics of losing the best chance to ever getting a CT and dying to put me on a waiting list until I'd cave in (to buying the less popular model/options) were used...for two hours. My response was pretty much "Screw this. I'm not waiting until fall to 'hope' to get one of these", and...oh what a miracle. They had one that "just popped up in the inventory". Yeah...right. The salesman was surprised at my dull reaction.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't really comment much on the resale value part...to me, things like that are a flip of a coin. If it sells well, it'll retain great resale (?)...but, we always lose when trading it in, anyway.

On the 'lottery' part, however, I have my suspicions. When I was talking to the salesman, I felt I was being interviewed. Those harmless, personal questions seemed like strategies to check my credit history. Scare tactics of losing the best chance to ever getting a CT and dying to put me on a waiting list until I'd cave in (to buying the less popular model/options) were used...for two hours. My response was pretty much "Screw this. I'm not waiting until fall to 'hope' to get one of these", and...oh what a miracle. They had one that "just popped up in the inventory". Yeah...right. The salesman was surprised at my dull reaction.
I had a different experience. I originally wanted the LED lowbeams but didn't care for leather because I didn't want a black or that really light white color interior. I ordered a car to be built on March 15th...The dealer never followed up with me for a couple of months. When I called them, they knew nothing. Meanwhile, I had passed on a few cars offered to me from other dealers with exact equipment and color I wanted but obviously no LED lowbeams. Finally, I just went on internet and searched some dealers who posted inventory online (very few Lexus dealers do but Google pulled up a few). Called on one they advertised in the Charcoal grey color with Caramel inside...non NAV. When I called, the manager told me about the black/ecru with NAV incoming...he told me it was 10 days out from arrival and I could buy it by just giving him a deposit (I was shocked he had one not spoken for)...the rest is history...easy transaction. Even the F&I guy was nice to deal with. And, they called me the next day to say the car was there at dealership being unloaded...a day after purchase.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
I think any Hybrid is going to be worth more as gas prices go up. I'm seeing cars coming off lease that the residual is THOUSANDS lower than the actual value right now. Crazy times. Media is saying now is not a good time to buy, but it's not true if you have a trade. Car's are going for crazy money, and I'm going to guess that within the next 60-90 days, you will see those values of the trades drop, and it can be by thousands of dollars once the inventory levels equal out.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Yeah. Trades are definitely good since dealers are trying to shore up their used car stock due to less new car inventory coming in.

I didn't have any issues getting mine, but then again, I managed to snag mine a week after the earthquake, when no one really knew what was going to happen to inventory for Japanese-made cars.

I definitely felt like I won the lottery then and I still feel like I do now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.