Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to become an official member soon. Been eyeing an affordable 2011 base model CT200h, without NAV, however I do have a few questions.

1. How will I monitor the hybrid battery usage/charging while driving
  2. How will I find out ave MPG after each time I drive
  3. For those of you without NAV, what are your impressions without it
Any and all feedback on a base model, without NAV, would be very helpful. Only reason I'm eyeing a base model w/out nav is the affordable price, which will allow me to mod it nicely. TIA :cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to become an official member soon. Been eyeing an affordable 2011 base model CT200h, without NAV, however I do have a few questions.

1. How will I monitor the hybrid battery usage/charging while driving
  2. How will I find out ave MPG after each time I drive
  3. For those of you without NAV, what are your impressions without it
Any and all feedback on a base model, without NAV, would be very helpful. Only reason I'm eyeing a base model w/out nav is the affordable price, which will allow me to mod it nicely. TIA :cool:
All that information is displayed on the D.I.C

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @Flaps74

How about monitoring the hybrid battery usage/charging while driving? Is that displayed on the DIC?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have a 2011 without Nav. Honestly if I had to do it again I would make sure I got the Nav model just for the screen. Using the radio without the screen sucks because all you have is a few characters in one line to see what is playing and it's almost impossible to pick songs off my USB drive. I've heard the Nav is terrible on this car (I think that's true with all Toyotas) but at least you get the screen then.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2011 without Nav. Honestly if I had to do it again I would make sure I got the Nav model just for the screen. Using the radio without the screen sucks because all you have is a few characters in one line to see what is playing and it's almost impossible to pick songs off my USB drive. I've heard the Nav is terrible on this car (I think that's true with all Toyotas) but at least you get the screen then.
Thanks, @leonar40. BTW, would the base model w/out NAV have LED DRLs? I'm not sure if it's standard. Sorry for all the questions.

Also, I'm deciding between 2 cars, both with a clean CARFAX, and similar in price.

- 2011, silver, CPO (peace of mind with the warranty), 62K miles, base w/out NAV

- 2012, black, used (not CPO, but has been maintained regularly), 52K miles, w/ NAV, heated seats

·
Registered
990 Posts
Thanks, @leonar40. BTW, would the base model w/out NAV have LED DRLs? I'm not sure if it's standard. Sorry for all the questions.

Also, I'm deciding between 2 cars, both with a clean CARFAX, and similar in price.

- 2011, silver, CPO (peace of mind with the warranty), 62K miles, base w/out NAV

- 2012, black, used (not CPO, but has been maintained regularly), 52K miles, w/ NAV, heated seats
All CT's have led drls.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
990 Posts

Definitely the black one. CPO's are worthless IMO.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
76 Posts
I also agree CPO's are worthless. These cars are ridiculously reliable (knock on wood) so I have no doubts it'll last me quite a while. If prices are similar or even a few more, I'd definitely jump on the nav pack. Another thing is all cars have Daylight Running Lights LED's but only the tech package has LED low beams (they're not HID's but in fact two projector LED's in the headlight that give a white light versus the non LED halogen) so that's something to consider as a plus as well.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have a 2011 basic Non-Nav and love it. Honestly I think google maps on the phone is probably just a good as what is in the CT. Android is connected to the CT's audio system and the map's turn by turn voice comes over the sound system. The CT's maps need to be updated at some point I think and that costs $$, google is continually updated. Google maps has option to save a map of any area to use offline if you should be in an area without data. Google maps has much information connected about restaurants, tourist destinations, etc. You can upload 20 contacts to the CT's phone system, but I don't even do that since using Google Now voice commands on Android is much slicker than using the cars built in system to call someone. There is no good reason to NEED the nav in the CT for me. One thing I did do, is install a backup cam with the backup mirror that displays the video. Works well enough. The nav screen is obviously probably a little better for displaying the back up cam though. I'm not a big music person, but when I do want something I usually stream it off of Pandora too, so don't care about the nav screen for music. I have some videos on you tube you might like. There are a couple that are specific to the Non-Nav. Why not try to find a CT from a private party to buy? Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Turns out that the black CT did not have NAV (it was a storage compartment), the entire front bumper had been repainted (poor quality paint job), and a few other issues...:mad:

I'm leaning towards the 2011 silver CPO, non-NAV. I appreciate all the feedback, it looks like they overprice the CPOs, however I may be able to negotiate a really good price on it (under $20K out the door).

If not, the hunt for a CT continues...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a 2011 basic Non-Nav and love it. Honestly I think google maps on the phone is probably just a good as what is in the CT. Android is connected to the CT's audio system and the map's turn by turn voice comes over the sound system. The CT's maps need to be updated at some point I think and that costs $$, google is continually updated. Google maps has option to save a map of any area to use offline if you should be in an area without data. Google maps has much information connected about restaurants, tourist destinations, etc. You can upload 20 contacts to the CT's phone system, but I don't even do that since using Google Now voice commands on Android is much slicker than using the cars built in system to call someone. There is no good reason to NEED the nav in the CT for me. One thing I did do, is install a backup cam with the backup mirror that displays the video. Works well enough. The nav screen is obviously probably a little better for displaying the back up cam though. I'm not a big music person, but when I do want something I usually stream it off of Pandora too, so don't car about the nav screen for music. I have some videos on you tube you might like. There are a couple that are specific to the Non-Nav. Why not try to find a CT from a private party to buy? Good luck with your purchase.
Sending you a PM. I've searched private party sales, most of them are priced higher than what I want to spend :(

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm leaning towards the 2011 silver CPO, non-NAV. I appreciate all the feedback, it looks like they overprice the CPOs, however I may be able to negotiate a really good price on it (under $20K out the door).
One thing you may be able to try is to get a better price by telling the dealer you don't want the CPO warranty. I bought a 2011 CPO in 2013 and worked a deal that way. I still got 2 years free maintenance and was still on the original factory warranty, so I had them take off the CPO warranty and saved a couple thousand. You won't have the factory warranty with that many miles, but honestly I doubt you will need it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts