Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Favorite Tires?

11K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  TOP END Motorsports 
#1 ·
Now that everyone is several years into ownership I'm wondering what is your best recommendation for a tire that combines great Fuel Efficiency with lower road noise. I'm still driving on the OEM Michelin Primacy's on my 2015 (that I just purchased last year) and it's time to change the tires. Looking at Bridgestone Ecopia or maybe sticking with Michelins? Costco is having a great sale right now on Michelin's and Bridgestone...would love advice!!!

#5 ·
I purchased the same tires for my CT, more specifically, Pirelli Cinturato P7 All season Plus. The ride is softer, quieter, smoother over bumps. The tires are great in snow, rain, dry pavement. They are better than the outdated Primacy's in every way. I saw an MPG gain of about 4, but that may be because of how worn my Michelin's were.

#4 ·
I value grip more than economy and usually flip between 3 models based upon weather and temperature - Michelin Premier A/S, Michelin Pilot Super Sport (or 4S), and Bridgestone Blizzak LM-xx.

80% of mileage is on the Michelin Premier A/S. The other two give up fuel economy (~5% to 10%) for more condition-specific grip. Premier A/S will last about 80k miles with 3/32” remaining but the grip deteriorates noticeably by then and it’s safer to replace earlier.

#7 ·
I’ve never liked paying any more than zero for new tires...been a big fan of Douglas on several other cars. I also don’t think I would notice a difference on tires that cost several hundred more.

This one, though, I was nervous to go cheap with Scepter from Walmart, but for $340 for four installed with road hazard I am very happy with them. No penalty to fuel economy, very quiet and smooth, and good in the rain we’ve been having this week in Texas. Recommended!

#8 ·
Dont buy michelins or other overpriced tires. Michelin tires wear faster than their mileage rating. The Czech Republic or korean tires are the best and cheapest. They also last longer than their mileage rating.
I would stay away from any tire from China.
I would go with Barum. They are made in europe in the Czech Republic. Never had a flat with these tires and I hit some really bad potholes.
You do not need to spend more than $500 for good tires with installation.