Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I replaced my front brake pads (and rotors, they were worn past the ability to machine them) at just about 335,000 miles. Using the regen brakes as much as possible helped a lot. Rear brakes still have a lot of life left.

·
Registered
195 Posts
WOW! That's good to know. Mine is only at 69k...still a long way to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pretty sure this guy drives mostly highway and probably doesn't have to brake much.
Yeah probably and they are known for the rear pins to lock up. So never touching them til 335k he was probably only getting 30 to 33 mpg. I know this because after going through the pins mine had that problem and instantly got 40mpg after brake change. I probably didn’t need drilled and slotted but it was only 40 more for the power stop kit.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
203 Posts
You mean the pins that hold the pads? Was your rear wheel partially seized? Dragging when you spin the wheel by hand.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200h Premium Navi
53 Posts
I remove, clean everything with a wire wheel, lube the pad ears/caliper pins, measure the pad thickness, then reassemble every 15k miles. This keeps the grease lubricating the sliding pins from drying out and seizing in the caliper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts