Lexus CT200h Forums banner

F Style Trident Wheels

10K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  jimmyc13 
#1 ·
Anyone get or see one with the F style Trident wheels yet. Hearing they are on hold and the dealers can't order.

#2 ·
Are these the same as the 17" F SPORT wheels in the brochure?

#4 · (Edited)
Dealer just called... the link to the F Style Trident wheels, on the Lexus site, is no longer working. The parts department said the wheels are on a stop/hold by Lexus and unable to order or back order them. Major bummer...:(

#5 ·
Plus add to the cost of the rims the tire pressure monitoring modules and the cost of initializing them by a Lexus dealer.

Will probably add over $75 per wheel.

#6 ·
Last night, I went to the Lexus website and asked for the official release date of the F Sport wheels. I will let you know when I receive a reply.

#7 ·
Here's the reply from Lexus:

Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction. Your concern is important to Lexus, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts.

We appreciate your interest in the brand and specifically the 2011 CT 200h. We apologize; unfortunately, information regarding F Sport accessories regarding the vehicle are not available at this time. You may consider signing up for additional information where updates and releases are posted regularly at https://secure.lexus.com/lexus/ssl/models/signup.do. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. We thank you for your inquiry.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at
1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

Stefanie Oda
Lexus Customer Satisfaction

#9 ·
I've just put in an order for some ENKEI EKM3's:

#10 ·
Team Lexus: I can wait to hear if your ride changes much with the 18's. I hope you shipped them express. haha

I have debated about putting 18's on my CT. However, I have decided this time around I want to go for a quiet ride & comfort. So I will keep the 17" wheels....but I at least wanted the Trident wheels.

Also, we put 18's on our 2010 Prius and the ride is awful! (and noisy) They look good, but I hate the noise & bumpiness. ;-(

#11 ·
A major thing to consider if you want to retain the wonderful MPG ratings on the CT make sure your new wheel specs match close to or under the weight of the factory wheels! My dealer is suggesting ( though expensive ) aftermarket forged wheels which can weigh as little as 14lbs each and have superior quality! If I find a nice combo and a good price I'll let you know!

#12 ·
With all the great wheels out there from 3rd party companies are there any specifics about certain types 17" wheels to stay away from due to incompatibilty with the CT200h? The last thing I would want is to plunk down $1200-$1500 and take them to Lexus to find out there is some incompatibility. Center hub design differences? Too bad the Trident Wheels are not going to come anytime soon. There should be some nice alternatives available.

#13 ·
With all the great wheels out there from 3rd party companies are there any specifics about certain types 17" wheels to stay away from due to incompatibilty with the CT200h? The last thing I would want is to plunk down $1200-$1500 and take them to Lexus to find out there is some incompatibility. Center hub design differences? Too bad the Trident Wheels are not going to come anytime soon. There should be some nice alternatives available.
Should try searching this site. Here's what you need to know: http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-wheels-tires-suspension/117526-wheel-pcd-hub-size.html

#14 ·
I have had my local Discount Tire rep contact Lexus because I'm ordering 18" wheels for my CT. I'm purchasing 8.5" 18 MRR GT1 Wheels with 225's up front and 9.5" x 18's in the back with a 235-245 tires in the back. Lexus recommended 235's for the back but we're going too see if we can squeeze 245's. Also we're going with 45 sized tires to keep the wheel gap minimal while not sacrificing any comfort if I stepped down to 40's.
When it's all done probably by the end of summer I'll post pics!

#15 ·
CT: Those are awesome. They will look great. I'm more curious about the ride. If it gets rough with 18's. I think 245 is a bit wide for the rear. You might have some rubbing. ;-)

I may have to come up with a plan B, if the F sport wheels never appear. ;-(

#19 ·
Suppopsedly there was a supplier problem with the Trident wheel supplier, I believe went out of business, so they had to get a new supplier. Hopefully they will be able to provide soon as I included the price in my financing at the dealer and would like to order my winter tires before the snow flies.

#20 ·
Heygurl the 245 may be too big in the rear we"ll see Lexus acknowledged 235's will be fine. Yes, the F-Sport wheel manufacturer did go out of business now they are talking with a different plant in China. The wheels I chose are $180 out the door and personally I think they look better and are compatible with Lexus cars. If you look on MRR's website you can see their Lexus Car Gallery.
With the unknown shipping date or even really the true cost for the F Sport wheels I really think everyone should look elsewhere. I'm so glad I didn't finance $3,500 for wheels that still aren't on my car! I'm getting top rated Continental Extreme Contact tires and wheels for less than half what the dealer wanted just for the F-Sport wheels.

#21 ·
Interesting setup for a FWD car, will look good, but obviously not that functional and then you can't rotate your tires at all. I had 245/40/19's on my G35 sedan (on all 4 corners), the car handled like a champ and looked real aggressive. I was at least able to rotate them front to back to help give the tires a longer life.

Please post pics if you do end up getting them. Why is it going to take until the end of the summer?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.