Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered the F-Sport Wheels, Springs and/or Sway Bars? I was told the labor cost to install these items will be lower if they are "Port" installed, as opposed to installed at the Dealer. If anyone has been quoted the labor cost to have these items Port installed, please share.

Here are the costs for the actual items:
F-Sport 17" 5-spoke trident alloy wheels, $1300
F-Sport Lowering spring set, $299
F-Sport Sway bar set, $499
TOTAL: $2098

·
Registered
12 Posts
waste of money on a hybrid .. but even if you wanted to .. i'm sure reputable known after market companies like tanabe, greddy, hks, a'pexi will make something much cheaper then lexus's f-sport brand.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Has anyone ordered the F-Sport Wheels, Springs and/or Sway Bars? I was told the labor cost to install these items will be lower if they are "Port" installed, as opposed to installed at the Dealer. If anyone has been quoted the labor cost to have these items Port installed, please share.

Here are the costs for the actual items:
F-Sport 17" 5-spoke trident alloy wheels, $1300
F-Sport Lowering spring set, $299
F-Sport Sway bar set, $499
TOTAL: $2098
haejin, where did you come across these prices?

·
Registered
222 Posts
the wheels and the springs would be fine for appearance, but honestly the sway bar set seems like a total waste of money. the car in its current form has no option to turn off traction control, and therefore wouldn't complement the added benefits of the increased spring rate/roll resistance the sway bars would provide. once you start losing even a little traction, the traction control system kicks in and brings the fun to an end.

i'd totally do the springs though, this car needs a slight drop.

·
Registered
27 Posts
my opinion, no need to waste money on dropping the car. its a new car, suspension will settle down a little. the gap is not that bad at all. could always increase tire size.

·
Registered
222 Posts
my opinion, no need to waste money on dropping the car. its a new car, suspension will settle down a little. the gap is not that bad at all. could always increase tire size.
increase tire size? you mean aspect ratio or the tread width? increasing the width wouldn't do anything to fill the gap so i'm assuming you're talking about aspect ratio. if you go higher on the aspect ratio, you're looking at rolling on tires that will look 'donutty' which is even worse. :eek:

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
increase tire size? you mean aspect ratio or the tread width? increasing the width wouldn't do anything to fill the gap so i'm assuming you're talking about aspect ratio. if you go higher on the aspect ratio, you're looking at rolling on tires that will look 'donutty' which is even worse. :eek:
Don't want to change aspect ratio - speedo will be out of whack so will gear ratios.

I have ordered F- Sport Rims - no idea when they'll get here

I run with two sets of rims one with snow tires one with summer tires, avoids swapping tires on single set of rims!

·
Registered
13 Posts
i want to camber mine

·
Registered
200 Posts
There are a gazillion alloy wheels out there. Should I be concerned that non Lexus 17" rims will cause problems? How about the tire pressure sensors working properly? I think the trident F Sport wheels are pretty sharp. The last thing I want is an after market rim set to mess up the tires or suspension and Lexus void the warranty.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new to the whole modification scene but I'm excited about adding my own touch to my new CT. Can someone explain the advantages and disadvantages of lowering the car with the springs. All I know is that I like the aggressive look of the lowered CT. Also I'm thinking about 18 inch rims. Would they work with the lowered CT?

·
Registered
222 Posts
There are a gazillion alloy wheels out there. Should I be concerned that non Lexus 17" rims will cause problems? How about the tire pressure sensors working properly? I think the trident F Sport wheels are pretty sharp. The last thing I want is an after market rim set to mess up the tires or suspension and Lexus void the warranty.
Any suggestions?
non lexus rims will not cause any problems and these days a lot of wheel manufacturers are designing their wheels to work with the tpms of today's cars. unfortunately, you'll have to do your own research to see if the stock tpms or aftermarket tpms will work in harmony with the wheel and car. one thing i suggest though is not to go with a "cheap" rim and try to stay with a respected brand name wheel, because you really get what you pay for--otherwise you may end up with a heavier wheel that is not as well manufactured to the tolerances as the stock wheel. just my opinion of course.

I'm new to the whole modification scene but I'm excited about adding my own touch to my new CT. Can someone explain the advantages and disadvantages of lowering the car with the springs. All I know is that I like the aggressive look of the lowered CT. Also I'm thinking about 18 inch rims. Would they work with the lowered CT?
you have good taste to like a lowered stance. it just makes any car look better, no matter what...and if done properly, you get some better handling to boot. some advantages to lowering the car, in general, are lowered center of gravity for better handling, higher spring rates for increased roll resistance, possibly better emergency maneuvering due to aforementioned reasons. some disadvantages could be less suspension travel and possibility of bottoming out on dampers, increased tire wear if not aligned properly, scraping on steep/inclined roads or driveways or speedbumps, reduced damper life, bouncy/harsher ride. of course, these are all dependent on a bunch of things, but i hope you get the general idea. again, sticking with a quality manufacturer for spring or coilover setup will be the best bet as they will have done their r&d over smaller no-name companies.

finally, the ct200h will accept an 18" wheel easily.

·
Registered
199 Posts
One other thing about lowering, the front bumper sits rather low and it will scrape on pretty much anything when lowered.

And aftermarket wheels will not void any sort of warranty. If the TPMS sensor break, those might not be accepted in a warranty claim, but none of you overall warranty will (nor can it) be voided.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Any suggestions?
On the TPMS, one option is to take them out of the OEM wheel & see if they will fit in whatever wheels you decide to buy. I did that with my current car. I sent my TMPS's to the guy I bought my wheel & tire package from & he mounted them up for me w/ the TMPS's installed. They worked w/ my car after that too (it's an Infiniti by the way), not sure if the Lexus system is similar or not, but would imagine it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So if I were going to go ahead and lower the car, should I opt for the f sport lowering sprigs from Lexus for around $300. Is that expensive? Are there any aftermarket products that are cheaper/better?

Not being to car savvy, would I have any headaches dealing with Lexus and the car warranty if I did go for an aftermarket option?

·
Registered
199 Posts
$300 for springs isn't too bad. I don't know of any aftermarket springs yet, especially as this suspension is basically from a European model Toyota (might be something available overseas that would work, but who knows).

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
So if I were going to go ahead and lower the car, should I opt for the f sport lowering sprigs from Lexus for around $300. Is that expensive? Are there any aftermarket products that are cheaper/better?

Not being to car savvy, would I have any headaches dealing with Lexus and the car warranty if I did go for an aftermarket option?
Lowering may also require camber adjustment to avoid excessive tire wear.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.