Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys!

(Apologize for duplicate threads...was a result of technical issues with the website.)

I have a 2012 F-Sport that I'll soon be trading in for a new CT. My dealer has a new 2016 F-Sport Special Edition in stock, which is absolutely (aside from the red leather interior accents in my opinion). I was about to jump on it as soon as I saw it, but quickly realized that it doesn't have navigation. Even the sales manager was shocked by that. Naming a car a "Special Edition," while not even including the premium package seems to be a bit of an oxymoron. The Special Edition paint scheme with interior red accents doesn't justify premium pricing for a non-premium-equipped car. (FYI - Special Edition is approx. $1,000 less than loaded F-Sport) It was a total dealbreaker for me. Lexus really missed the mark on this one.

Enough of my opinion, but do any of you guys know why this is the case? Would this be a dealbreaker for you, too?

Here's the Special Edition I saw though...great looking car. Looks like I'll just be going for the white F-Sport instead, sadly...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the interior?

That would be a deal breaker. I almost got a new blue CT instead of a 2012 Red, but it didn't have nav.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had nav in my two CTs (2013 and 2015), and I think the nav is getting worse, not better. In today's smartphone era, with maps that update dynamically, etc., car nav is nice to have, but I would rather see it be able to display the nav from my phone like CarPlay or Android Auto will.
Moved UMassMike's comment from duplicate thread.

·
381 Posts
For what it's worth, Toyota nav systems are terrible.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought one a few weeks ago and I'm loving it!! Suuuuuuuuuuuper slow compared to my m3 though but that's a whole different story. I didn't use the navi on the m3 because I was happy using Waze. And continue to use Waze on my ct.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know it's not really CT related, but has anyone used navigation on other manufacturer's cars? I know twindc23 said that his M3's nav was a lot faster. Anyone else see a really great integrated nav system in their car?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey Guys!

Enough of my opinion, but do any of you guys know why this is the case? Would this be a dealbreaker for you, too?
Integrated Nav is a waste of money and lower quality than Google maps or Wase. The turn by turn audio from your phone comes over the CT's speakers with bluetooth. GM/Wase is always up to date. Not a deal breaker by any stretch in my mind. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts