Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for the detailed DYI. Took me a bit longer but one of the emblem stars popped and it took a long time to find it.. As I've done with similar ones in the past, used 2 sharp blades to walk them up the plastic stud, took 2 minutes each -- first one was so easy I didn't expect it to fly so soon or far. Let bottom valance/fender retainer clips fall off and took a bit of time to get them right. I didn't let washer fluid drain, just light pressure small clamp on tube just before the quick disconnect fitting. If I did it again it would take a third the time. Your pictures were great! I wasn't sure where to start and the fender well instructions saved the day. Many thanks!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Did mine today! Thanks for the great write up! I followed and had no problems. I took your advice and got a second emblem for the front. I tried like hell to get the other one off and it was such a pain. I bought new star nuts at a local sears for $0.13 and they worked just fine.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Grille

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
325 Posts
Glad to know about the F-sport Grills installment. I like it so much because its very interesting and helps me in my professional learning. Nice sharing i got from this thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am based in UK. I have followed this thread & successfully upgraded my 2016 CT200 front grille to the F-Sport version. See pictures attached. Big thank you to Matt_RN for the tutorial. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Lexus Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 Lexus CT Chrome molding install

Hi,

I bought 2012 CT not so long ago. The chrome molding around the grille is peeling on one side. The previous owner said it was hit with rock or something. Anyways I ordered replacement part and will try to replace it soon. I haven't found anything online. Do you think I will have to remove front bumper in order to replace or is there any way to avoid it?

Thank you in advance
Martin A

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Matt,

I bought 2012 CT not so long ago. The chrome molding around the grille is peeling on one side. The previous owner said it was hit with rock or something. Anyways I ordered replacement part and will try to replace it soon. I haven't found anything online. Do you think I will have to remove front bumper in order to replace or is there any way to avoid it?

Thank you in advance
Martin A

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for this post! I just swapped out my 2017 regular grille for the Fsport... took about 3 hours total, but worth it. Little tricky getting the chrome separated from the original grille but it went back together easily.

Random question, any idea what the wiring harness is above the driver's side fog lamp?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Steps were great to follow. Did this mod on our 2016 CT200h. Didn't see any mention of the side clip thingies... broke plastic at the bolt couple clips to hold the side of the bumper in.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

Trigger Gun barrel Wood Automotive exterior Bumper

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Grille

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
217 Posts
Yeah I broke one of those ripping the front bumper off. But replacements are cheap on Ebay.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts