Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the 2012 CT200h F Sport and over time we find the ride to be too stiff/firm. We feel every bump on the road. Is there a way to get a smoother ride? Change the suspension? Any recommendation is appreciated.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have heard it is a little bumpier. I have nothing to compare it to since I have only owned an F-Sport. Not too harsh for me, but obviously that is a matter of taste. Seems as though it might be an expensive thing to "fix". Personally, I don't think it is broke.

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
You could always pick-up a set of non- F-Sport sway bars and springs, I'm sure you could find them used on the forum here for cheap.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I really like the ride of the F-Sport. In Australia, many of our interstate highways can be patchy, and on these roads at about 110km/ph the ride is beautifully firm and controlled. Also the F-Sport is uniquely fitted with lateral dampers front and rear which minimise vibrations and improve the ride. If you really don't like it, look out for a 1959 Cadillac (LOL)

·
Registered
27 Posts
The shocks also play a role in the bumpy and stiffy also. I had a set of megan springs that was slightly on the soft side but still felt firm because of the stock shocks. So I went with megan coil overs to control all that when needed. I love the ride and handling with the current set up I have now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Swap springs and struts with a non-F Sport car. I'm sure someone on this forum would be willing to swap if they are geographically close enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts