Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2012 last week and now am now thinking about getting a remote starter for it at my 1,000 mile checkup? Does anybody have any experience having the dealer adding that on? Cost? Experience? I know they are probably easy to buy and self install but don't want to mess with the warranty. Thanks people!

·
Registered
33 Posts
You need a special Toyota/Lexus system to authorize the remote starter unfortunately. I had it done at the port, before delivery (no labor charge), cost was around $495 if I recall. At this point you may want to look at third party remote starts which may have greater range and options since you will need to pay for labor either way.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have it - had it installed at the time of purchase. they discounted it for me so i got it for ~$350 installed. it is incorporated into the keyfob which is a big advantage versus getting an aftermarket installed so you don't need two keyfobs. the disadvantage (or so i hear) is the range on the lexus-remote start is not great. i probably can't go >40-50 ft. away from the car. however, where my car is parked in my driveway in the winter is close enough from my window so it is of no matter to me. it works great and has been reliable during these past few cold days. it automatically shuts off when you go to open the car (to avoid anyone stealing your car) so you will have to re-start the car on the inside as well but i do not mind that security feature. for me, it has been wellworth the money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you saying that I can't buy this from SEWELL and install it myself? They have instructions...

·
Registered
383 Posts
you can "install" the one from Sewell yourself but you will need the Techstream notebook to program it to the car. on page 20 it shows that part of the install: http://lexus.sewellparts.com/pdf/PT39876111.pdf
at that point you might want to look into an aftermarket one that you can use the factory key fob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts