Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had any issues getting their dealers to replace items under warranty due to cosmetic defects? i have never had to have a cosmetic item replaced before in any of my vehicles under warranty.

my steering wheel leather is wearing out with only 30,000 miles. the black leather is turning white is several locations like the outter layer of leather is just wearing off due to poor materials. the leather wheel on my 2006 grand cherokee with 200,000 miles looks way better.

one of my armrests is also very wrinkled and the seat bottoms look like crap the leather seats in my jeep has held up much better.

will this be a waste of time asking them to replace them or is this something they will fix without issue?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I doubt they will fix. Legally, I don't think they would have to. But I would still complain. Lexus's reputation is on the line, and they MIGHT fix it.

Anybody have advice for leather protection? High quality, silicone-free leather treatment products? For steering wheel wearing gloves or keeping hands clean might help???
My apparently acidic hands ate through the Urethane??? surface of the steering wheel of my Toyota Matrix, and I don't want that to happen again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts