Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally saw the CT in person at our local dealership. I wasn't allowed to test drive it. However, what a beautiful car. I was very impressed.

After talking to sales and crunching the numbers, CT with Navigation + tax + tags came out to be more than $38,000. And that's where my interest in this car left me. I can't imagine people paying 38k for a compact but who knows.

What are the chances the price comes down even a little bit within the next several months? 6 months?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
jeez, for $38,000 USD, i would just get a fully loaded IS350!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Lexus of Clear Lake (Hou) had a viewing Thurs night. They had two CT's... brown & black. I loved the car too. So much so that I put a deposit on it. ;-) Actually, I was happy with pricing. I didn't want the nav or leather, so that saved us a nice chunk of cash. I'm getting the Starfire pearl (white) w/black NuLuxe interior. Here's what my vehicle print shows that they gave.

Model MSRP: $30,900.00
Optional Equip: $1125.00 (Premium audio pkg)
Delivery processing & handling: $0.00
TOTAL MSRP: $32,025.00

We went thru USAA auto buying program, so there are NO dealer add-on or extra prep charges whatsoever. The internet manager contacted us. They were great because dealers notoriously add extra charges for paint sealants, VIN window etching and crap like that. So I became a fan when she told me they don't charge for anything else other that what my print out says. Although they are selling for MSRP, at least it is only MSRP. ;-)

I'm excited... They should have a car that we can test drive in couple weeks. Unfortunately, we could not drive the two display cars.

They could not give me an exact date when my car would arrive, but they are receiving only 3 in their first shipment. I'm getting one of those three.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Finally saw the CT in person at our local dealership. I wasn't allowed to test drive it. However, what a beautiful car. I was very impressed.

After talking to sales and crunching the numbers, CT with Navigation + tax + tags came out to be more than $38,000. And that's where my interest in this car left me. I can't imagine people paying 38k for a compact but who knows.

What are the chances the price comes down even a little bit within the next several months? 6 months?
At my store ( and speaking to a few others ), we have orders for more of the loaded cars. I have one order that put the car in at just over $40k. That's before taxes too.

I know some dealerships were going to add a premium to these vehicle's, I can tell you that McGrath Lexus in Chicago will not.

The Mark up in these vehicle's is less than most would expect.

As far as paying that amount for a compact, it's more than that. It's a great "sporty" compact hybrid. And after going to the Chicago Auto Show this past week, the prices are more than fair to what other brands are charging for their vehicle's.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Andy: That's good to hear... You guys sound like an honest dealership too. We the consumers appreciate that.

Anytime you want gadgets, you'll have to pay. It's as simple as that. I think the car is priced great for a Lexus ...AND a hybrid boasting 40+ mpg. I'll take that all day long!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Consider yourself lucky to be in the US. In Europe, it costs 30k eur for the base model and 45K for the full spec car (that's over 61500 usd, even at the Euro's current rate :(((

In terms of pricing, I think Lexus did their homework. It is priced at exactly the same level as its main competitors in the European market, though slightly cheaper when adding in all the gadgets f.ex. on an Audi A3)

That said, I agree it is not a very cheap car.

To those who compare its price to an IS: why would you compare it to a bigger (different) car? You just get the car size you need...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wow, I guess we are lucky to be purchasing in the U.S. $61,500 is unbelievable. ;-(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At my store ( and speaking to a few others ), we have orders for more of the loaded cars. I have one order that put the car in at just over $40k. That's before taxes too.

I know some dealerships were going to add a premium to these vehicle's, I can tell you that McGrath Lexus in Chicago will not.

The Mark up in these vehicle's is less than most would expect.

As far as paying that amount for a compact, it's more than that. It's a great "sporty" compact hybrid. And after going to the Chicago Auto Show this past week, the prices are more than fair to what other brands are charging for their vehicle's.
Can the honest dealer from Chicago tell us the chances of this car dropping in price after several months if it doesn't sell as expected? Memorial day weekend sale anyone?

Cause if it doesn't drop to around 35/36k, I may be buying a matrix instead.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Lazero, You can currently buy a CT for that pricing. If you would like more information, please give me a call.

Andy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lazero, You can currently buy a CT for that pricing. If you would like more information, please give me a call.

Andy

With Nav, tax, tags the whole nine, i've been quoted by multiple dealers at $38k+. Nav is a must and my budget will not budge above 36k.

Again (I don't live close to Chicago), what are your feelings of the possibility of this car dropping in price after several months if it doesn't sell?

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
They have done the research on the pricing. Some people pay more for taxes, some pay non at all. If your stuck at a certain budget, I would recommend either a balloon or traditional lease. When you compare it to other brands and models, this is the best bang for the buck. It smokes the Audi A3 TDI as far as equiptment, and performance. Plus know your paying a premium to buy a Diesel engine and you pay Premium for the diesel itself. A loaded Prius is $33k, the Chevy Volt is $44.5k, and the Nissan leaf is suppose to be in the $30's...

I can tell you the mark up is not great, and I don't see them sitting on lots. It's not going to be mass produced, so chances are, they will all be sold at Suggested Retail.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's what my vehicle print shows that they gave.

We went thru USAA auto buying program, so there are NO dealer add-on or extra prep charges whatsoever.

I see the USAA Auto buying has a web site. Do you go through this site or somehow go through the dealer? When I went on the website under Lexus it did not list the CT200h.

·
Registered
9 Posts

When you go on Lexus website, you can build your package. However, when you just try and add the Premium audio pkg it says "Moonroof & Heated seats must be added before adding any otgher packages to your configuration" so I am not sure how you can get the Premium audio pkg only??

·
Registered
410 Posts

When you go on Lexus website, you can build your package. However, when you just try and add the Premium audio pkg it says "Moonroof & Heated seats must be added before adding any otgher packages to your configuration" so I am not sure how you can get the Premium audio pkg only??
Ben: Yes, you are correct. We ended up calling USAA since the CT200 was not listed on their website yet. USAA advised to send the quote request for the HS250h in lieu of the CT and when the dealer contacts us to advise them we are actually interested in the CT200. That's what we did. We were expecting the price to be MSRP. However, we also expected USAA's recommended dealers would not charge all the dealer add-on....and that's exactly what we got. ;-)

About the Premium audio package. Yes, that's what I thought too because the Darkside website shows that you have to add other packages. (that you may not want) I was totally thrilled when the dealer advised that I did not have to order the extras pkgs. So it kinda sucks that you can't build the car accurately on the Darkside website. She gave me a great "dealer only" brochure that has all the features listed and full details. It answered all my questions. I

·
Registered
23 Posts
US is so lucky can get a luxury model at 38K. In my country (MALAYSIA), we pay 168,000 ringgit (55118USD) for a standard(Base) model, and 64304 USD for the luxury. I choose the base model ... hope can get the car this coming MAY

·
Registered
28 Posts

When I went on the Lexus website and built my package, I started with the premium model and was allowed to add the premium audio (Package A) for $1,125. I was not required to add the moonroof & heated seats, but maybe that's part of the premium model standard features, anyway? Unless it's part of Package A and I just didn't notice. In any case, it's $1,125 total for that option. The printout I have shows a total MSRP of $33,482:

Premium model: 30,900
Package A (premium audio w/add'l option): $1,125
Wheel locks: $73
cargo net envelope $75
Cargo tray $90
Carpet cargo mat $79
Premium carpet floor mats $265
Delivery, Processing & handling $875
TOTAL MSRP: $33,482

The one catch is that I want door moldings, which have to be quoted by the dealer. I fear that will be expensive, which means I won't be able to get the Package A.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Moon roof and heated seats are standard on the premium model

·
Registered
410 Posts
Door moldings are less than $200. ;-)

·
Registered
8 Posts

Who ever paid for the CT for 38 grand must flunked math or they need to burn money to feel good. This hybrid got my mind peaking, but closed to 40k, coming on.

lazero, it probably no chance it will drop price especially, when gas price will raise for the coming summer.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts