Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone considered getting a high polished exhaust tip?
I have not received my CT yet, so I'm not able to take a closer look. Can anyone point out the dimensions of the exhaust tip and/or what models (for example, Borla or Magnaflow) would fit?
Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
One I saw on ebay I believe, but it tips down and looks bad. Like Kostamojen pointed out the exhaust tip onthe CT is tucked under the rear bumper valance.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I did see the one on eBay. Hoping for a different look than that.
I may have to look again when I receive my CT. I just remember at the dealership when I first saw the vehicle, the tip was visible to me.
I'll probably end up not doing it, though. This time spent waiting may be a good thing for me. I think of all this stuff I can buy/modify the vehicle, but after a while, I lose insterest or it doesn't seem to be worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Yeah, it's not visible unless you crouch down & look under the bumper, and if I recall, the exhaust tip of the muffler extends downward at an angle towards the ground. I too love a nice exhaust tip on a car, but I don't think adding one with an extension on the CT would look that good due to the angle. I only like the chrome tips if an exhaust pipe is straight out the back and parallel with the ground. Just my $0.02.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
OMFG. That is REDONKULOUS!

·
Registered
222 Posts
i like the ct200h as it is, looks clean from the rear with no exhaust cutout.

but...exhaust tips up or down can look beautiful depending on application:

honda s2000 with toda dolphin tip (downturned) exhaust inspired by japanese gt racing

bmw e36 m3 with dtm (upturned) exhaust inspired by german touring car racing

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
HAHA watch the peel out, all over the road

·
Registered
199 Posts
Upon taking a second look under the car, I do think a custom muffler setup would be do-able.

The muffler has plenty of room around it to work with, but the tips are still an issue. I'm thinking something like these for tips, with one on each side:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought the exhaust tip from the ebay seller and basically its a "screw on" type tip. I like how it looks however it tips down and its hard to center it as the ct200h's exhaust kinda tips to the right and downwards.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree!

i like the ct200h as it is, looks clean from the rear with no exhaust cutout.

but...exhaust tips up or down can look beautiful depending on application:

honda s2000 with toda dolphin tip (downturned) exhaust inspired by japanese gt racing

bmw e36 m3 with dtm (upturned) exhaust inspired by german touring car racing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone considered getting a high polished exhaust tip?
I have not received my CT yet, so I'm not able to take a closer look at cheap auto part. Can anyone point out the dimensions of the exhaust tip and/or what models (for example, Borla or Magnaflow) would fit?
Thanks
I want to bring my exhaust tip back to like new condition. Its got some pitting and scratches. I was reading steel wool 0000? Then follow up with some mothers mag&alluminum polish? Or does anyone have any other tips

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I want to bring my exhaust tip back to like new condition. Its got some pitting and scratches. I was reading steel wool 0000? Then follow up with some mothers mag&alluminum polish? Or does anyone have any other tips
Dunno how much this will help. I've used Mr.Clean Magic Eraser Sponges to clean up the dirt and scratches on previous chrome exhausts. Guess it will depend on the extent of the scratches

1 - 20 of 20 Posts