Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on here that ev mode max speed was 40kph, and I swear that was working before for me. But lately it has been turning off due to "excessive speed" at 20kph and on my way home today at ~17kph. And it does state excessive speed and not acceleration. I have been keeping an eye on it and also watch to keep the throttle position below the "power" section, even though in ev mode in the parking lot I usually keep it below halfway on eco. This is kinda frustrating as I would like to use the ev mode in the parking lot here but usually peak speed at 25 down the little hill section and it disables. The battery is also showing a normal charge level. And I want to use it as it is quiet and this time of year saves me gas(I think) as it depletes the battery and then recharges in the morning when the engine is warming up as it is cold out so the engine runs for quite awhile anyways.

Apologies for formatting, I am on my phone right now

·
Registered
64 Posts
It must be cold where you live.

Around here we're having -20c and even after 10 minutes at highway speeds, it won't go more than that on ev. The engine needs to be at a certain minimal temperature to perform.

Looks like this is your first winter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ok, thanks! I was unaware this was limited lower in cold temps. And yes it is my first winter, got the car a couple weeks ago and loving it so far. Glad to know I'm not going crazy.

·
Registered
150 Posts
on my 2011, I can run in EV up to 40 mph if on flat ground. The slightest acceleration or upward slop turns it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts