Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up some aspherical EU rear view mirrors. When I did power folding mirrors on my RCF an added bonus that I wasn't even aware of was the glass was aspherical which provides a much wider viewing angle behind you. It's wonderful. Think of your passenger mirror but better. Now it's on both the driver and passenger side.

I was looking for these and noticed a set on eBay because of the vertical dotted line that Lexus uses to show these are aspherical.

Came all the way from Latvia. Was shipped on Monday and i got them on Wednesday! Super fast. I will put these on the car to show the different in angles. I'm still waiting on stuff to get painted and I'm leaving for a trip this week so it might be when I get back. But here are pictures of the mirrors. And two examples of what aspherical mirrors are when comparing them with normal flat mirrors we get in the USA. These are off of a GS/ES/IS..etc. So they have auto dimming and heating feature. Since our cars don't have the dimming feature that won't be used. Probably wouldn't be hard to wire them as such honestly... Is there was a way to tie it to the auto dimming rear view mirror inside then they'd be in sync. That might be a spring project!

Rectangle Tints and shades Composite material Circle Auto part

Automotive tire Font Automotive exterior Metal Circle

Circle Auto part Automotive wheel system Rim Metal

Rim Watch Auto part Circle Metal

Rectangle Automotive lighting Composite material Electronic device Tints and shades

Eye glass accessory Wood Rim Eyewear Automotive exterior

Hand Hood Wood Eyewear Automotive mirror

Hood Wood Dog Peripheral Automotive mirror

Hood Light Automotive parking light Automotive design Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

-Nigel

· Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
454 Posts
Nice! I've always been confused about those sorts of mirrors with the dots on them. Does the picture reflection change at that line? It's hard to tell from the pictures, but is it like a normal mirror up until that line, then suddenly a spread out wider view, sort of like a blind spot mirror stick on? Or does the vertical line mean nothing.

I had swapped on the power mirrors on my IS and they came with blue tinted wide angle mirrors (aspherical I guess it's called). One of the best mods ever. So when I got the CT, I was happy to find a replacement for the glass only, in the same aspherical blue tint. No auto dimming needed. It's a must-have mod IMO. It makes it hard to drive other vehicles with normal mirrors lol.

Here's a pic of the stock vs replacement to add to the thread. Do the mirrors you got do this same effect? A smooth picture?
Stock left, blue tint right. It's basically just not as zoomed-in looking.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

· Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep exactly as your picture! I didn't even know it was a thing with Lexus until I got my RCF mirrors from Norway and saw the dotted vertical line. I figured the part to the right or left of the dotted line was the aspherical part. However, it's the entire mirror. I think the dotted line indicates to the driver where a possible blind spot would be in conjunction to your car when looking at the mirror.

Nice where did you get the blue tinted mirrors?! I'd 100% take those! Does it have the heating element on the mirror? This is a crappy picture of my RCF mirrors, but exactly what your's looks like! They are awesome. I don't know why we don't get these mirrors in the USA.

Normal mirror
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Automotive side-view mirror Automotive design

Aspherical Mirror
Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Vehicle door

Normal Mirror
Automotive side-view mirror Automotive exterior Automotive mirror Vehicle door Fixture

Aspherical mirror
Automotive side-view mirror Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

I have yellow Prova aspherical mirrors on my STi. I love them. I wish I could find yellow for the other cars but since they have BSM/LD...etc. They don't make such a thing.
Newspaper Rectangle Chair Publication Font

-Nigel

· Super Moderator
454 Posts
Yep exactly as your picture! I didn't even know it was a thing with Lexus until I got my RCF mirrors from Norway and saw the dotted vertical line. I figured the part to the right or left of the dotted line was the aspherical part. However, it's the entire mirror. I think the dotted line indicates to the driver where a possible blind spot would be in conjunction to your car when looking at the mirror.
Nice to know!

Nice where did you get the blue tinted mirrors?! I'd 100% take those! Does it have the heating element on the mirror?
Hmm, darn. I bought them on Ebay, but my link is showing that none are available. But, the name was "REXPEED" and they do have the heating elements. It was a direct plug and play swap. The only thing it didn't have was the rubbery gasket around the edge (but who cares).
(new on the right, heating element connection is in the bottom left corner)
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Gadget Audio equipment Communication Device

I have yellow Prova aspherical mirrors on my STi. I love them. I wish I could find yellow for the other cars but since they have BSM/LD...etc. They don't make such a thing.
View attachment 61787
Yellow mirrors?? I've never even seen or heard about that before. What does the yellow color do? It looks like a very strong color.

· Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice to know!

Hmm, darn. I bought them on Ebay, but my link is showing that none are available. But, the name was "REXPEED" and they do have the heating elements. It was a direct plug and play swap. The only thing it didn't have was the rubbery gasket around the edge (but who cares).
(new on the right, heating element connection is in the bottom left corner)
View attachment 61795

Yellow mirrors?? I've never even seen or heard about that before. What does the yellow color do? It looks like a very strong color.
Noice those look good! Love the blue tint! The yellow is nice, it's actually really nice at night time as it blocks a lot of the harsh white light from headlights. In the day it almost seems like they are brighter which is nice becase you end up seeing easier if that makes any sense. Plus you never see yellow lenses so it was one of thoes things to be different. I love it though. Any time someone sees the mirrors the first thing they say is oh wow yellow! Looks awesome...etc.

Can you provide us with the link to purchase a pair?
Here is the seller's info on ebay that I got them from:

-Nigel

· Super Moderator
454 Posts
The yellow is nice, it's actually really nice at night time as it blocks a lot of the harsh white light from headlights.
Do'oh! Of course! Duh on me. I guess back in the day, everyone had yellowish halogen headlights. So it made sense to use blue tint lens to cut down on that glare. Now that everyone has blinding blue LED headlights, a yellow tint would be needed to cut down on that. No wonder! huh. IDK why I haven't seen the yellow mirror before now.

· Super Moderator
454 Posts
hhmm, yeah I can see how that would definitely clash on my blue car, whereas the blue mirrors go perfect on it. I look forward to seeing the yellow on yours!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts