Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in a loaner 2013 CT with approximately 5,500 miles. When I got the car, the tank showed just a little under half tank. The estimated range was 24.

Well, after approximately 24 miles, it read 0. It's been 0 for over 100 miles already. I thought the range estimate was smart and constantly adjusting?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Showing 24 miles from just under half a tank is a little strange ... Although +100 mile range from 0 isn't so much. There's a reserve built into that calc and I think Lexus are still doing the Gallons/Litres reserve amount according to what their thirstier cars need. So the CT and my IS300h have about 8-9 litres in the tank when the light comes on, good for 100 miles ish up from the 50 ish in the thirstier cars. Would I trust that or just fill up ? Lol no - no point running the tank dry just to prove a point :).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine is more optimistic than it should be. From full it shows cruising range of 800km, but realistically it is more like 650. It always shows about 20% high until I get under 1/8 of tank, then it ignores the 10l reserve and shows a very low cruising range. It renders the whole estimate quite useless.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I'm currently in a loaner 2013 CT with approximately 5,500 miles. When I got the car, the tank showed just a little under half tank. The estimated range was 24.

Well, after approximately 24 miles, it read 0. It's been 0 for over 100 miles already. I thought the range estimate was smart and constantly adjusting?
Yes the range calculation is broken/messed-up on your loaner, but don't worry it is just a loaner. You can use the old school tools of gas gauge and /or trip odometer. Or if you are paranoid, carry a 5 gallon fuel container. Contrary to popular FUD tales you can run out of gas in a CT200h and then put gas in an start-up again just like a regular car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
One other issue is that if the gas tank is running low, and only a few gallons are put in, it doesn't update the range indicator. Doing that a few times would really screw up any potential warning signs. In reality, when the gauge hits 0 miles, I still have 2 gallons left in the tank, which translates to nearly 100 miles. I've never run out, but I have gotten to the point where upon fillup I was a half gallon to fumes. But that's still over 20 miles. Talk about being conservative!!!

larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts