Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

I have a 2011 CT200h that I have had 8 months. I got it as a commuter car as I started to drive 63 miles each way to work. I drive 90 percent highway (only city driving is on weekends) and average 43 mpg. I drive on 2 mountains on the way to work so there is a lot of incline and decline. It is such a comfortable solid car. I need to get the front passenger handle replaced (glad to read about this here) and plan to inquire about whether computer for nav etc needs an update as at times some screens such as to input address for directions are not always available and phone reception through bluetooth is pretty choppy. I plan to switch to snow tires in a couple of weeks. If snow is really bad I guess I won't drive but hopefully Blizzaks will do the trick for light snow. I had a FJ Cruiser which handled weather well but the gas mileage was awful. I read about winter tires being the key before I got my CT200h and also have seen many debates here. This weekend I went to test drive a Subaru Crosstrek as winter driving may be better in it but it simply is not as comfortable as my Lexus and the mileage is decent but not like my CT...not to be unexpected. I plan to invest in winter tires and give it a try and make a decision if it doesn't work out. Hope it does because I have been loving my commute in my CT. I loved my FJ but the adjustment to my CT was so smoothe.

·
Registered
383 Posts
welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi hagerstown2014, I'm new to the forum, but owned my ct since May 2011. I had my passenger door panel fixed at my 10K maintenance, but didn't know it was a common problem. I just learned today that my sticky center console latch problem is also common. The dealer almost charged me to fix it, cause I was 100 miles outside my warranty (which I'm finding is embarrassingly low compared to other owner warranty stats). The only other warranty fix I can think of is the exhaust gas valve replacement, for which there was a recall, but I assume the prior owner would have taken care of that. Happy driving!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Jade, you can call your local Lexus dealer and they can check if the exhaust valve was replaced just by giving them your VIN. I did that yesterday since I bought my CT used and wasn't sure if that recall was done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for tips. I go to dealer tomorrow and I am at 31, 000 so glad I have a few things to ask them to check at this time. Welcome!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Motionisgay, So it turns out there was a software and hardware issue with my nav/computer and it is covered by my warranty. Luckily the previous owner did have the exhaust valve replaced. They are working on replacing the front passenger handle and the middle console latch...yeah on warranty. Just paying for my 30,000 mile check and the nav update. Jade and all, Really appreciate all of the tips.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Motionisgay, So it turns out there was a software and hardware issue with my nav/computer and it is covered by my warranty. Luckily the previous owner did have the exhaust valve replaced. They are working on replacing the front passenger handle and the middle console latch...yeah on warranty. Just paying for my 30,000 mile check and the nav update. Jade and all, Really appreciate all of the tips.
Well, that's good. I know that when the vehicle starts moving some of the NAV options become disabled so you're not fiddling with it when you're driving. I thought that was what you were talking about, but it sounds like your problem was more complex. Glad you got it fixed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts