Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i have posted a few concerns that I have on a car i purchased 3 days ago.
The most annoying thing to me is the thump i feel in the front of the car when I accelerate from a dead stop.
I mean every time i hit the gas i feel it.

Everything i read about the ct says it has special dampers and suspension for low noise and vibrations but yet i feel this annoying vibration.

·
Registered
187 Posts
A hybrid quirk my friend. A engine start will create some thump, regardless of how small or big a machine is. But if the thump is as annoying as you say it is, you should pay a visit to the dealer. The car is under warranty. Ask to drive another car. If it doesn't feel the same, you should be covered.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was gonna do. Thanks for the response.
Have you ever put your hand on the engine when it turns on and felt that it was violently shaking?
I believe the engine may be shaking excessively maybe I'm wrong

·
Registered
270 Posts
It does sound like there's something nasty happening with the engine mounts. Instead of being held properly in place it sounds like the engine is wobbling around on a duff mount. Good luck getting a solution :). Incidentally, I found the CT's transitions compared to the IS to be a little rougher in traffic but far more gentle at ultra low speed. I can feel the IS do a big shake when the engine turns off at stationary but I can't remember that in the CT. Yet in the IS, I can't tell when the engine comes on or off in 30mph ish, I could usually feel it in the CT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts