Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 CT200h F-sport with 97K, love this car. Yesterday In sport mode I noticed when I release the accelerator pedal, the engine revs up a bit and then slowly drops. The engine also doesn’t kick off at stop lights or down hills like it typically does, hybrid batts are fully charged. I drive the same route everyday in sport mode and know exactly when the engine will kick off and now it doesn’t. Any ideas? I’ll take it for service but most likely they’ll say everything is fine as there are no lights on. TIA

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmmm, my engine (non F sport) had similar issues as well. But only because of my hybrid battery being crappy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 CT200h F-sport with 97K, love this car. Yesterday In sport mode I noticed when I release the accelerator pedal, the engine revs up a bit and then slowly drops. The engine also doesn’t kick off at stop lights or down hills like it typically does, hybrid batts are fully charged. I drive the same route everyday in sport mode and know exactly when the engine will kick off and now it doesn’t. Any ideas? I’ll take it for service but most likely they’ll say everything is fine as there are no lights on. TIA
Could be the throttle body needs cleaning. The throttle body opens and closes in direct relation to how far the accelerator is pressed down. If there is gunk in the throttle body it can cause a delay in the throttle opening and closing which it sounds like might be the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts