Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new here. I have a 2015 ct with 98k miles on it. My ct at first started rattling bad and then I noticed my coolant was starting to disappear. So I talked to my mechanic and he said if your coolant is disappearing it's a bad head gasket. So my question is. Has anyone replaced the engine on a ct? If so. Is there any reprogramming to do once you replace it? Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm considering the same thing: repair or replace, both around the same cost... Mine is overheating, no knocking, no shake, but I don't know what else it could be besides a head gasket. If interested in knowing more about what I'm experiencing, check out my post on the matter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you replaced one? Is there anything that needs to be done with the computer any reprogramming of anything?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for that info sir. Would you suggest to just replace head gasket or replace engine?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This one the head was warped beyond repair even after decking it. I got the new engine for $1200 shipped with low miles. We lost more time taking the head to the machine shop and what not than ordering and swapping the new engine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did replace the head gasket in mine, it wasn’t too bad, it took some time and wasn’t really fun, but it was doable—however the result was not so good

I welcome input, please help!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did replace the head gasket in mine, it wasn’t too bad, it took some time and wasn’t really fun, but it was doable—however the result was not so good View attachment 60071
View attachment 60072
I welcome input, please help!!
You need a new engine buddy.Your engine is compressing water therefore it cause that cylinder to not fire hence the rattle sound at cold start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1200 is a great price. I recently blew a hole in the side on my CT engine. How can i find an engine for around the same price?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts