Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
done my 30k engine oil changed couple months ago. i was checking the oil level today and i am surprised that the oil level is lower than the bottom mark. i checked the ground theres no leak. does that mean something is burning in the engine and it eats up my engine oil? should i bring the car back to the dealer for inspection?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Did you check the level after they change the oil? It'd possible that they didn't fill it to the level you though it should be. It's bulk metered in so not sure how accurate that would be.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I don't think they have any way of measuring oil consumption on a service call. Fill it to the top mark and keep a record of the consumption. In answer to your question, yours might be the first time I have seen anyone complain of excessive oil consumption in the CT or the Prius for that matter.

Check where you park for oil stains on the pavement. An oil leak is probably more likely than excessive consumption, especially when you realize that our cars don't really stress the ICE all that much.

·
Registered
232 Posts
maybe there's a leak?

CT has no oil consumption issues.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Without knowing for sure that the level was correct after service, it is impossible to say that there is a consumption issue. Also, did you check the oil level on a flat surface, or after the car had been sitting for several hours (if not, oil would not have fully come to rest in the pan).

I'd top off the oil, then drive for a few more days/weeks and keep an eye on the level. Always check on a level surface, preferably first thing in the am after the car has been parked over night.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I checked back and it looks like you bought your CT200h used. Any car that is not broken in correctly both engine and braking will potentially have subsequent engine and braking problems. Maybe you Ct200h was driven hard at first, which could possibly account for excess oil usage and/or oil leakage.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for the input. I will keep monitoring the oil level and see what is the real issue.

@midcow3, I got my CT200h as a brand new car..I am not sure where you got my info from and I exercised my car well throughout the engine breaking point period.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts