Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to enable full function of the navi system while in drive ... e.g. entering in an address

I was able to do a by-pass on my kenwood/garmin double din deck which allowed me toggle through maps, dvd/movie, music/mp3, CD etc...

·
Registered
842 Posts
Does anyone know how to enable full function of the navi system while in drive ... e.g. entering in an address

I was able to do a by-pass on my kenwood/garmin double din deck which allowed me toggle through maps, dvd/movie, music/mp3, CD etc...
Early Lexus nav units could be hacked and how to do it was all over YouTube, but they "fixed" that with an update to the software so that apparently doesn't work anymore. Our nav unit, which is virtually identical to the Prius doesn't seem to have a button sequence that will bypass the lockout.

If you will use the search function on this forum you will find that there are two different companies (at least) that sell some hardware that will bypass the lockout. Prestigious Society and BeatSonic. The kit sold by BeatSonic is apparently available on E-Bay for less, but only Beat Sonic has the installation instructions in any language that is understandable. The differences seem to be that the Prestigious kit is twice as expensive but it doesn't require any switch to function (supposedly it works with a sequential pushing of the volume control on the steering wheel while the Beatsonic one requires an apparently ugly button that has to be placed somewhere, preferably somewhere you can't see it but you can find it to make it work) and the Beatsonic is a lot less money but more basic.

I suggest you use the search function on this site which will give you the benefit of several people who have done this and their thoughts. Personally, I bought the Prestigious one but haven't had it installed yet, maybe next week. Unfortunately, the kit also allows the viewing of DVD's through the screen but only on the fancier Lexus' that have that feature through the Mark Levinson Audio gear, not for the CT200.

If you want to be really adventurous, I remember on the Prius Chat site that someone who had a whole lot more guts than I do built his own kit quite cheaply, but it required cutting wires and splicing, which does not make it reversible and is more likely to cause a warranty problem.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts