Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Has anyone installed an anti-rust circuit on the CT? I have one on my Corolla 2002 and it has no apparent rust. The sales rep. told me they wouldn't dare install one on the CT because of the high voltage of the batteries and all the electronics in the car..... Is that bull ou what?

·
Registered
255 Posts
The CT has a 72 month/Unlimited milage Rust Perforation. Do you need more?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Waste of money !

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2000 Ford Mustang that sits outside year around (northern Indiana weather) - no special rust protection and I have no apparent signs of rusting.

Don't modern cars have inherently better rust protection than "back in the day" already? Seems like a bit of a scam to me, not saying the science isn't there to back up the theory - but is it really necessary? Or will the car not rust on it's own anyway? Assuming you aren't dunking it in salt water weekly.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey Has anyone installed an anti-rust circuit on the CT? I have one on my Corolla 2002 and it has no apparent rust. The sales rep. told me they wouldn't dare install one on the CT because of the high voltage of the batteries and all the electronics in the car..... Is that bull ou what?
I would ask the manufacturer if hybrids are a problem, I don't see why they would be, and I'd bet they've already tried one on a Prius.

At first this idea looked pretty silly to me, but these devices DO work very, very well on navy ships, and I suppose if you're up North in a snowy area where they salt the roads, AND you keep the car more than 10 years, it might actually help.

I sure don't need it here in Sunny California, but I could see this for the canucks! =]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would ask the manufacturer if hybrids are a problem, I don't see why they would be, and I'd bet they've already tried one on a Prius.

At first this idea looked pretty silly to me, but these devices DO work very, very well on navy ships, and I suppose if you're up North in a snowy area where they salt the roads, AND you keep the car more than 10 years, it might actually help.

I sure don't need it here in Sunny California, but I could see this for the canucks! =]
Hey Thanks for the input. Apreciate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts