Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Electronic Device Holder

22K views 33 replies 26 participants last post by  Minigawa 
#1 ·
just curious...is there anyone in the U.S. that did not receive the device holder with their CT??? i'm hoping that my dealer comes back to me and says "it's on backorder due to limited initial supply, but you'll get one."

#2 ·
You should have received yours with your vehicle. If you haven't checked under the trunk cargo lid, you might find it there. Otherwise, you should let your dealer know that you didn't get one.

#3 ·
When I picked up my vehicle last Wednesday, thanks to this forum, I was looking for the holder. I checked the glove box and the under the cargo lid. Nuttin' honey. My salesman asked what I was looking for. When I told him, he didn't know anything about the holder. Needless to say, I didn't drive off with one. Some have suggested that you don't get the holder if you have the NAV system. Where's the logic in that? Any Lexus folks out there that can give us the definitive answer?

#4 ·
When I picked up my vehicle last Wednesday, thanks to this forum, I was looking for the holder. I checked the glove box and the under the cargo lid. Nuttin' honey. My salesman asked what I was looking for. When I told him, he didn't know anything about the holder. Needless to say, I didn't drive off with one. Some have suggested that you don't get the holder if you have the NAV system. Where's the logic in that? Any Lexus folks out there that can give us the definitive answer?
I have NAV and mine has one. If it's not in the car tell them again, nicely that it is supposed to have one and to get you one. I'm sure if you mention that you'll mark it on your survey as not being delivered complete you'll get their attention.

#5 ·
I picked up my "premium" CT (with no packages) two weeks ago and it did NOT have the devise holder. I briefly mentioned something when I was picking up the car, but forgot about it and left that night without it. I'm going back to the dealership in the next day or two to pick up my title and I'll ask them again. Since my iphone hooks up so well with the bluetooth, I'm not sure I'll ever need it . . . maybe if I need to use my GPS (phone or other) it would be handy.

#6 ·
For those in the US if you didn't get one check under the rear floor in the storage area first. That's where I found my net and first aid kit and others have found the Cell holder if it wasn't already in/on the console.

#8 ·
Sucks, in Canada this doesn't come as an accessory nor as an option. But for any of those who didn't get one and were interested they will be available to order online sometime in the summer

#9 ·
I live in the U.S. and I have NAV, but I didn't get the electronic device holder (no matter where I looked in the car). Lexus called me today for a sales follow-up, and they asked if I received the holder, so apparently they are aware of the issue. They are going to ship one to me. My recommendation is either to wait for your Lexus call and ask at that time, or call Lexus directly. My dealer had no knowledge of the item. I don't know if this experience applies to the Canadian market.

#11 ·
Your right I can't find mine either. Thought it was in back but its not there. Saleman is going to call me back tomorrow.

#13 ·
I'll take it! I just order my CT in Taiwan and it doesn't come with one ...

I wonder how much shipping to Boston would be ... got a friend heading this way in a couple of weeks

#14 ·
Everyone who bought a Ct will be getting a device holder. My dealer said they didn't include them in the early build cars. But they will be coming.

#18 ·
When "darkride" posted on another thread yesterday that Sewell will be selling the holder for $95.20 when they become available this summer and included the part number and link...

Part #: PT91276100
2011 CT200h: Electronic Device Holder - Coming Summer 2011 The base fits into the CT center console slot right below the drive mode selector. Two rubber 'stoppers' attached on the sides allow for a snug fit within the slotThe inside of the device hol

...I posted the following reply:

For $95.20 US dollars, which is a discounted price from the full retail price of $119 if the Sewell page is correct, that holder should be made from precious metal. If it's black plastic like the one that came with my CT, it should be in the running for rip-off of the year. One thing's for sure: I'm going to store my holder out of sight along with my iPod Touch and my Garmin Nuvi when I'm not using it.

Shame on Lexus!

#24 ·
Not sure if yours comes with it already based on your location, but I recommend looking in the trunk or beneath the cargo mat. That's where the factory puts them if dealer doesn't install it for you. I not luck, they offer it here, but it's not yet available: 2011 CT200h: Electronic Device Holder - Coming Summer 2011 The base fits into the CT center console slot right below the drive mode selector. Two rubber 'stoppers' attached on the sides allow for a snug fit within the slotThe inside of the device hol

#26 ·
The holder should be a standard accessory for us here in the US. I have nav, but had to specifically request it since it was missing from my car. The dealer complied.

It can be ordered as an accessory part. Will be available for sale in Summer 2011.

#27 ·
i got the holder with mine (base premium model). it feels like cheap plastic crap but it works and it came with the car so i use it. =D

#28 · (Edited)
Bumping this thread because...

I recently realized that this holder should come standard with my car but it did not (California btw). Bought my car over a month ago and contacted my dealership and told them the situation. I told them my car didn't come with the holder OR first aid kit. The guy who sold me my car promised to mail me both. Perhaps it's worth a try for those who also did not get theirs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.