Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Haven't posted in some time, but thought I would share a nice mod I did for my Google Nexus 5 phone. You can see in the photo I took out the sliding bracket/holder and glued my Nexus induction charger to the front of the EDH. I used double backed tape at first, but it always eventually lost grip and slide down some. The induction charger has a bit of magnetization, so the phone doesn't move to much, but on a hard corner it will slide off sometimes. I put a little piece of double backed tape on the charger at times to prevent that. It would be ideal with the clasp device at the top. I saw someone just extended theirs with the back off, so I might try that too eventually. I DO NOT recommend that others do this modification. The phone is obviously not secure and would go flying in an accident, I'm willing to take the risk for now, but would like the phone to be more secure. Short USD/micro from ebay. The other key is the charger is an Iphone/Ipad charger. Seems it is at the higher amps the Nexus induction charger needs. The car USB would not work for this idea. The phone sets on top of the two bottom bracket extrusions. Love that I can just slip it on the holder and I'm good to go... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem when upgrading to iPhone 6, so I modded my device holder too; Unscrew the 4 tiny screws in the back, then open the holder (but do it slowly bc there are springs in there) then pull up the adjustable piece as high as you can (you may have to take it off then drop it back on) until the point where it fits your phone. Then screw it back together and walla! I also had to take off the bottom rubber pieces to fit it with my case but you may not have to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts