Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CT doesn't come with "Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto-tiltdown in reverse" feature, it only has center rear view auto dim.
This is so annoying in a night driving and my wife keeps complaining the lack of this feature. (all our other Lexus car/suv have this feature)

Does anyone know if there is an "easy" way to install this feature?
Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My research so far tells me that the ES350 13-14 years has the same mirror (From what I can tell) The glass pieces are regularly available on ebay with the dimming function, and even blind spot, of course I have no idea whether this could be plugged in to a CT or not but they look very similar and the mounting points look similar too, and I'm guessing the blind spot detector is not in the mirror? Anyone with this system care to chime in? Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
does the CT even offer a blind spot monitor? i dont see it even in current models

·
Registered
313 Posts
Lexus doesn't show that they offer any driving aids like blind-spot monitoring on CTs (except for the pre-collision warning you get with the radar cruise control option), so it's odd to see mirrors with that blind spot monitoring light on eBay, especially when it looks like a used 2013-2014 unit in California. Maybe they have a law there mandating that feature?

As far as the auto-dimming side mirrors, looking at the 2013 brochure that I have, the leather package (same for 2014 and 2015) upgrades the side mirrors to auto-dimming. I have a 2014 with that option and I have auto-dimming side mirrors. The only catch is, they are tied into the rear view mirror and do not have their own sensors. When the rear view mirror dims, both side mirrors dim with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts