Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CT200h purchased last March, which just had its 5000 service. Yesterday, starting from a complete stop, the car didn't move...I had to push the accelerator nearly to the floor before the gas engine came on. This happened several times. The EV mode was unavailable too. The display showed that the battery was at 100% (which was unusual, it usually reads about 98%). Today everything seemed normal, but I phoned my dealer about it, who said I should just keep an eye on it, that no similar symptoms have been reported by other car owners. Has anyone else experienced similar behavior? It was not excessively warm yesterday...in the low 80's.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Nothing like that has happened to me.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think the best place to ask about this issue would be at prius chat in the gen lll section .

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got home, the car was at full stop, battery was full, and when I tried to engage the EV, a message came up and said it was unavailable. It's happened only once so far.

Also, what I noticed is that when in sports mode the battery get's charged fully but when in normal mode it won't charge fully.

·
Registered
90 Posts
This happened again; got home, the car was at full stop, battery was full, and when I tried to engage the EV, a message came up and said it was unavailable.

Any idea why this is happening?

·
Registered
609 Posts
This happened again; got home, the car was at full stop, battery was full, and when I tried to engage the EV, a message came up and said it was unavailable.

Any idea why this is happening?
You are in Australia? Is it cold there now? Do you have your heater or seat heater on? I wonder if that interfere with EV mode.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You are in Australia? Is it cold there now? Do you have your heater or seat heater on? I wonder if that interfere with EV mode.
It happened again today, afternoon to be exact and outside temp was about 19 celcius. Heater/AC or seat heater was *not* on.

I waited a few minutes and then it worked again. I don't know why this is happening. I took a short video clip so I can take it to the dealer. I wanted to know if any from this forum has seen this unusual behaviour.

·
Registered
441 Posts
You are in Australia? Is it cold there now? Do you have your heater or seat heater on? I wonder if that interfere with EV mode.[/QUOTE

Its never cold in Australia, God's Own Country. However, in certain cold conditions, if you turn on the heater, the engine will run to warm up the heater box to keep you warm. A know-all inspecting my car once told me that hybrids left you hot in summer or cold in winter because the heater shut down at the traffic lights as did the air-conditioning in summer. In the Lexus CT DNA economy is writ large, but one thing is writ larger: "I will look after the comfort of my driver above all else".

This doesn't seem to totally explain the behaviour of your EV mode. The Lexus/Prius hybrid system is incredibly reliable, but I think I would like
an inspection and explanation from your Lexus dealer in this instance. Let us have another post when you solve your problem.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Eyer, please post your video (you can post it to Youtube and link it here). I really want to know what this looks like as I have two Toyota hybrids (Prius and CT).

·
Registered
609 Posts
Are you on an incline? I found that EV mode won't engage sometime if you on a hill or a steep drive way. And you are not using the windshield defogger?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've had the EV mode unavailable message before when I tried to force it into EV at a complete stop.

Since the car is relatively quiet (especially with the music on), I may not have noticed that my ICE was on at the time. Regardless, reverse works (should be all EV in reverse) and driving under normal conditions I can easily get it into EV under 45mph. I just stopped playing with the EV button altogether.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are you on an incline? I found that EV mode won't engage sometime if you on a hill or a steep drive way. And you are not using the windshield defogger?
Completely flat (inside the garage). It's been hsppening often now but what I noticed is that it happens mostly late arvo or evening. The engine is completely silent. When I get the chance I'll ask the dealer about this.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
There are certain conditions that must be met before you can use the EV mode. Assuming you have a 2013, look at page 182 of your Owner's Manual: Because, more than likely your EV system is working is working as designed. What does your Lexus dealer say ? They can run diagnostics and determine if you actually do have a problem with your EV system. You do realize, that when the conditions are right your CT200h AUTOMATICALLY uses the EV system, as indicated by the EV light.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts