Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an odd question that I hope someone can answer. Why does the Elapsed Time meter reset itself every time the car is turned off? My other cars display the time the car is actually running (no matter how many times the car has been started) and must be manually reset. So, on a long trip that has several stops (car on/off cycles) along the way, the meter will record the actually running time of the car during the entire trip. This provides the amount of time that has elapsed while on your road trip. The CT cancels this time out every time the car is turn off. I guess I just don’t understand the logic behind why Lexus has chosen to keep zeroing out this time. It’s kind of interesting to know how many hours you’ve spent in your car all day.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I kind of like it that it auto resets. If I have to manually reset it, I won't remember to do it. I use it for my daily commute to see how long I was stuck in traffic. You kind of lost track of time after an hour or 2. Oh today's drive home seem to take forever.. let me see how long since I started... 2 hr 15 min.. oh I see. My normal drive home time is from 1 hr 15 min to 1 hr 45 min.

The only improvement I would add is to have it NOT reset if the car is turn off for less than 15 minutes. Sometime I would stop to get gas or stop to pee... and I would like to have the timer continue if it is only a pit stop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts