Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I switch from Eco / Normal Mode to Sport Mode, my tachnometer does not change from the Hybrid graphics to the RPM graphics. Does anyone else have this issue? I assumed it is because I am already moving but it even occurs when I am at a complete stop.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Make sure your cruise control is not on. It defeats the RPM gauge.
I defaulted the RPM gauge on all the time, and if I want the ECO gauge, I just turn on the cruise :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
query. is it ok to switch to Sport mode or to Eco mode while driving?

i usually change it when stationary, but my brother played with it the other day while i am driving / moving.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
query. is it ok to switch to Sport mode or to Eco mode while driving?

i usually change it when stationary, but my brother played with it the other day while i am driving / moving.
See page 179 of your owner’s manual ( 2011) or page 183 ( 2012). There is no mention of stopping the car to shift. But if you read through the rest of the Driving Procedures section 2.1 The are all sorts of instructions how to shift into D, B and R. Even EV mode can be shifted to on the fly, assuming you are going less than 25 mph and your traction battery is sufficiently charged.

·
Registered
232 Posts
thank midcow3. will have a look through my booklet. it is a really thick one.

will read up and learn tonight!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I do it every morning when I am backing out of my garage.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Eco/Normal and Sport on the rotary "mode" switch can be changed at will. Indeed some drivers like to frequently change modes from one to another depending on road conditions. Of course, changing from reverse/forward/brake using the gear lever must be managed properly. The "Park' button should only be used when the car is stationary. EV will only engage when conditions allow no matter when you push it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like to switch to Sport mode sometimes when on an entrance ramp of a freeway or when on a curvy road. The way it handles and more quickly accelerates makes me smile...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts