Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried replacing the stock plastic air intake hose with ebay 4ply silicone hoses ?

Was wondering if a 6 inch 90 or 45 degree silicon elbow could be used as a air scoop.

What do you guys think a diy silicone intake pipe to stock air box.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
679 Posts
For what purpose? If you are looking for an aftermarket intake there already is one for the CT. It's not going to increase your performance or gas mileage, but it should help the engine sound, if you like that sort of thing.

·
Registered
842 Posts
For what purpose? If you are looking for an aftermarket intake there already is one for the CT. It's not going to increase your performance or gas mileage, but it should help the engine sound, if you like that sort of thing.
Yes, that Formula 1 sound while being passed by Jimmy on his dad's riding mower is awesome!

·
Registered
679 Posts
LOL, exactly. This is not a 1995 Civic with a fart pipe, so I think for most people they are looking for quieter not louder. But hey, to each their own.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Silicone piping us not going to make anything louder, if anything it'll make it quieter. You need hard piping to increase the loudness. Unless of course you want colored silicone piping to spruce up your engine bay. If that's the case then god help us all....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got a samco hose from ebay, 135 degrees with internal diameter of 70mm. Fits the stock intake rubber hose. have it angled towards the front of bonnet like a ram air funnel. Might get a 122mm reducer to 70mm as a bigger funnel.

My intake temps have dropped to ambient air temps while on the move and idling.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where is the outside air sensor located ? Maybe could relocate it to the intake.

My butt dyno feels car has more torque after doing the 135 degree intake mode. Ordered a 4" to 3" reducer to extend funnel to front of bonnet.

·
Registered
990 Posts
No the outside air temp is just that...outside air temp.

How can you say your eBay silicone hose is dropping air temp? If the weather channel says it's 60 degrees outside the outside air temp will read roughly the same thing. Unless your simple hose is changing the weather and atmosphere then I'm sorry but you have no accurate reading. I hate to say it but your but dyno is lying. It is physically impossible to feel 3-5 more horsepower and if your hose added even 1 horsepower I'd actually be shocked beyond belief.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts