Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had been waiting patiently for the call and late in the morning of Earth Day it came my lovely Fire agate pearl with Caramel Nu-luxe had arrived. Two hours later I was signing the papers to lease this lovely vehicle. I would have been there even sooner but the dealership is about an hour away and they had to squeeze me into the finance department schedule.

I was scheduled for a mini vacation starting on Sunday so my first tank of gas was almost all highway mileage. Even still I watched some of the break in figures and the actual mpg (figured the old fashioned way on miles put on since car was filled divided by gallons put into car at fill) was am impressive 40.25! (PS the car lies and said I was out of gas but it only took a bit over 9 gallons1) The computer now says overall mpg stands at 44.6.

As for the ride I will say it is not at all European in it's nature and I find the steering a bit sloppy in eco mode at higher speeds. I did find however that the sport mode on the highway instantly tightens up the steering and I did not see any major change in MPG for its use. So I do not think this will be a problem.

I have not made my way through the short booklet and certainly not the long tome that is the owner's manual so I have some things to say that may be clarified by this "light" bedtime reading.

I did not get the nav system because I have a Droid phone. I am able to use that as my navigation while on the car dock. For what ever reason probably my salesman should have been slightly more informed my phone pairing with the blue tooth did not import my contacts... will check the manual later. The sound system is not premium and I am coming from a car that had super sound.... oh well. Also I have an itouch and and old fashioned ipod. The itouch works fine even if I have yet to figure out how to play lists or even shuffle, but since I only have a single cd and did not want to fiddle with satellite radio on a highway with new car I wanted to bring my workhorse of an ipod 17000 songs or more. Alas the car/computer did not know what to make of that.

Otherwise the layout seems just fine and is mostly intuitive. The finish on the head liner and the visors is a bit cheap. ( I am in a 250h loaner while the dealer installs some after market items so I can say Lexus does know how to finish a car in high fashion)

The car handled well on the highway and the ride was smooth, in the city it performs less then stellar but adequately for New England and its pot hole filled lanes. ( The loaner Lexus 250 does not seem to ride all that much smoother so at least I know it is not a model issue) The seats are wonderfully comfy and adjust well to both husband and myself. (6'1" -5'3")

All in all I am truly impressed that my vegan recyclable car: It looks to be a keeper. I will miss my 2002 VW Passat Wagon and its finer tuned performance but hey I got MPG and style and I have reduced my carbon foot print while having a great car to drive around in.

PS mine is one of only three to be sold in Western MA so heads turn where ever I go. On the highway some one almost drove off the road trying to get a good look at my stylish wheels.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Congrats on the new car! Nice color! You have a ton of songs on that ipod!

The IS reminds me when it first arrived and I test drove it, I owned the GS300 then, it felt so small. Recently, when I had the IS250 as a loaner while the CT was getting serviced, it felt so big compared to the CT. The IS is a nice car, but I wouldn't give my CT up for that...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts