Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced theirs yet??! I have a 2011 model and starting to feel a lil give when getting in and outta the car. I also hear it....

Has anyone changed this themselves?

·
Registered
383 Posts
that's a sparkly banner you have in your sig :)

I agree that the brake just needs some adjustment, either at the e-brake itself with the adjusting nut or at the rear brake disc itself.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting points that u guys have brought up.... the guy at the dealership was the one who told me to utilize it every time i park... which i though was kinda wierd cuz i've never use it on my other cars other than on a slope/gradient.

I'll look further into the adjustment rather than a replacement.

Yes sparkly for sure..lol. I have yet to make one for my lex.

Tnx for the replies

·
Registered
383 Posts
I think if our cars had drums in the back then using the e-brake all the time would be beneficial, but seeing how we have discs I don't think it's a big deal.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My opinion would be to use it as much as possible cause of the way the hybrid uses a electronic actuator to engage the parking lock on the transmission. Engaging the parking brake will just help it when releasing it from park.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
414 Posts
Best to use the e-brake occasionally just to keep all the parts moving once in a while.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have no idea if the e-brake in the CT is similar in any way to a Ford Ranger. However, I used to never use my e-brake on my old 1994 Ranger. One day I started feeling this wobble from the rear of the truck. It got worse and worse to the point where it wasn't drivable. I took it to Meineke and they told me that my rotors were severly warpped. They put new ones on, and that fixed the problem. However, within 1000 miles it came back just as bad as ever. They eventually found out that my e-brake was stuck partially on, and the friction was heating up the rotors to the point where they would warp.

Sorry for the long story but the moral is that I now use my e-brake pretty frequently to make sure that it doesn't rust up like it did in my old Ranger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts