Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beloved child has put a coin into the slot that is between the lock and the open button of the glove box (see picture) Vehicle Car Center console Luxury vehicle Technology
Do you know any way to take it out of there as it rattles from time to time?
Have tried some magnets, with no result...

·
Registered
842 Posts
Get one of those miniature slotted screwdrivers (like for glasses), put a drop of silicone glue on the end of it, put it in, let it set up and pull it out. Not too much or you will have two problems. Maybe even a straightened out big paper clip.

If you can get around it, bend a paper clip into a "J" shape and try to fish it out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My beloved child has put a coin into the slot that is between the lock and the open button of the glove box (see picture)
Do you know any way to take it out of there as it rattles from time to time?
Have tried some magnets, with no result...

As a last resort, here's how to remove the glove compartment door.
Text Line art Line Diagram Parallel

Note: this requires removing side and bottom panels first.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your replies.
I don't see the coin so I don't think it is an easy task to fish it out in any way, but I will try your suggestions.
Special thanks to 11LFCH. I was hoping of finding some kind of technical documentation, and you provided it. As you said, if anything else fails, I will try to get out the whole door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.