Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently put a deposit down for a ct200h and I'm wondering if it was worth the extra money to go with the LED headlamps. What is the difference between the regular halogen headlamps and the LED option? Is it just a different low beam? Do all models come with the LED 'euro-style' DRL's or are they just on the LED upgraded headlamps? Here's a pic of the DRL for reference:

My main purpose of upgrading to the LED headlamps was for the look of that DRL, but if the regular halogen package has them then I would rather not do the upgrade.

·
Registered
283 Posts
With the regular Halogen's there is a break in the DRL LED's to accomodate the large reflector of the low beam, so it looks like two strings of LEDs with a gap in between them, unlike the one shown in your picture with the LED HL's.

I like my LED's.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I agree with Bob, it looks real good with no break in the DRL LEDs. The LED upgraded headlamps came with the tech package for me. But here is a pick where you can compare the difference in the DRL's. So you may not notice the break in the LEDs on a light colored car, but you will definitely see it on a dark colored car or when its getting darker in the day.

·
Registered
131 Posts
And its not just the leds shown on the pictures that is included with the led-package. The low beam normal lamps are also switched to LED (they come on when its getting darker than daylight), and they are freeking awesome! The light is crystal clear with nice straight lines, and it looks far more luxuary than halogen. I do absolutely not regret choosing LED.

·
Registered
164 Posts
And its not just the leds shown on the pictures that is included with the led-package. The low beam normal lamps are also switched to LED (they come on when its getting darker than daylight), and they are freeking awesome! The light is crystal clear with nice straight lines, and it looks far more luxuary than halogen. I do absolutely not regret choosing LED.
Didn't get to choose on mine as it was already in the show room but can they be added afterwards or would that be to expensive ?

·
Registered
283 Posts
You meant reflector of the high beam?
No, not unless they changed the position of the hi and lo beam positions in the LED and Non LED lamp housing. On my LED's the inner most position is the high beam. (See page 554 of the Owners manual)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Didn't get to choose on mine as it was already in the show room but can they be added afterwards or would that be to expensive ?
My original order included the LED lights, but then I removed them from my order when I was given an update that my car was going to be delayed an additional 4-5 months due to the LED's. So I removed them from the order after seeing the easy HID kit install and how cheap it is to do.

I just installed my HID lights this weekend and they look AWESOME. $45 for the lights and $15 shipping....can't go wrong IMO. I think the LED lights will cost you an additional $1,300 or so, plus installation (unless you're going to install them yourself)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts