Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For our latest episode of Car Throttle, we picked up a 2012 CT200h F Sport (Ultra Blue/17 inch dark finish alloys) and took it to London. But instead of catching the crowds, we hit Central LDN from 11pm to 6am and visited the City's famous landmarks.

What was it like? Well, tiring, yes, but the car was an incredibly comfortable place to be. Although we didn't manage to get the ~70mpg as advertised (our figure was a little closer to 45mpg!) we put that down to the motorway/"extra-urban" driving we were also doing.

It looks super aggressive and under the right lights, really stands out from other "boring" hybrids. Would love to hear your thoughts on our video?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Never heard of this show, so not sure if he's the host on all of them? Video was pretty good, great sights, great music and scenery and all, but not that crazy about the host. Sorry and it's not the accent, but IMO he just didn't sell it.

Oh, and I can't believe how jacket up that F-sport was, hope that didn't have the F-sport springs!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you get a figure of 70mpg?

It's rated at 40/43 city/highway (in the US, at least)
Hi SPAZZ, yes as Jimmy pointed out, the UK gallon is measured differently - Lexus rates the CT200h at 68.9mpg combined (LEXUS - Lexus CT 200h technical data - A Full Hybrid Luxury Compact Hatchback Car)

Never heard of this show, so not sure if he's the host on all of them? Video was pretty good, great sights, great music and scenery and all, but not that crazy about the host. Sorry and it's not the accent, but IMO he just didn't sell it.

Oh, and I can't believe how jacket up that F-sport was, hope that didn't have the F-sport springs!
Thanks for your feedback Jimmy and fair enough! I'm the Founder of Car Throttle and double-up as the presenter too, but always keen to get people's thoughts if they are/are not a fan, although we're gaining popularity as a new show and I've heard mostly good things. But I don't take these things to heart!

I didn't sell the CT200h because I wasn't completely sold myself. I don't live in inner-city and as a result, the sub-30mph electric-only powertrain was rarely used aside from between traffic lights. This ruined my fuel economy and although you get a lot of car for your money, it's still an expensive proposition nearly on par with a BMW 320d which gets better economy (admittedly worse emissions).

That's not to say I didn't like it, but hybrids should serve their primary focus on being clean and efficient and through our testing, the CT200h fell short regarding the latter.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Adnan, I don't think you were driving it right. I've had my CT for 6 months/5000 miles, am half way into my current tank of petrol and the dash is currently showing 54.5 mpg (UK gallons). The previous tank was 54. I'm a GP in the original Washington, which is just south of Newcastle on Tyne, and most of my driving is urban.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts