Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow CT200H owners
I just bought mine and am having post purchase anxiety! I downsized from a small SUV (Rogue) and am having regrets even though I test drove the Lexus CT many times and like the idea of not visiting the gas station so often. Did anyone take time adjusting to their Lexus and, if so, how long did it take before you loved it.

· Registered
40 Posts
Funny to hear you say that, because I am experiencing the same thing and have owned mine about 3 weeks now. I came from a 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero and BMW 535xi. I know big difference, but I test drove the CT200h and Prius a ton of times. I think the CT is a really nice car, but biggest adjustment for me is the freeway driving. Almost purchased a Passat TDI, which would be a more fun freeway driver, but afraid of the reliability and first year issues. Hopefully, I adjust soon, because I really want to like this car.

· Registered
95 Posts
I downsized from a Range Rover Sport. I'm still getting used to such a small car but I definitely am enjoying it for what it is. The size is perfect for me. I feel good about cleaning my car out every day.

I used to let everything just sit in the back of my RRS. Wasting gas by weighing the car down by 100lbs of just stuff.

I also enjoy being able to weave in and out of traffic. Don't get me wrong, I miss the roar of my huge V8. I miss the go anywhere mentality. What I don't miss are 95 dollar fill ups every 6 days.

· Registered
95 Posts
Holy crap I just did a HUGE double take. I responded to this same thread in another section of this forum. Then I saw your response and I freaked out cause your user name is exactly my initials!

I thought I was in an episode of Fringe.

· Registered
441 Posts
Hi Guys, I would like to think that you give your cars time - and believe it or not - even read the instruction books!!! Learn about a few little CT quirks and have a look at this forum and the Prius forums to learn a bit more about how to drive a CT for better performance and economy. I live in Australia and our roads are far from freeways. However, a nippy little car on our country roads is pretty important, and I have been surprised at how fast the little CT can be point-to-point. You pass a few of the big boys while they are filling up! I traded my IS250 in on a CT200h f Sport that I've been driving for over six months now with no regrets. I've also owned other Lexus, Mercedes and Fords over the years and my little CT is becoming my all-time favourite. Stick with it, guys.

· Registered
76 Posts
Hi amjj and DBV.
My transition from the Lexus GX to the Toyota Highlander (Hybrid) was a different adjustment than what I experienced when I moved from the Highlander to the Prius (and now CT).

The greatest change (from my personal experience) when I moved from the HiHy to the Prius was more about the driving "perspective" -- since both (all three now) vehicles were hybrids. The change from a more upright position in an SUV (GS and HiHy) and the superior (higher) seating position (seating height above the road) provide a different a different driving feel - especially on the highway. The seating height above the road allow you to "see" above more of the traffic (sedans) that are directly in front of you -- and was the most difficult transition for me as the SUV provided better visibility above the traffic and better overall "awareness" in most conditions.

I wonder if this isn't what might be bothering you also? To this point, you may never get used to the lower seating height of the CT - and is a personal decision that you must make. I agree that (as properity pointed out) that given time with the CT and, yes, reading the thick maual - may provide additional driving pleasures as you are more intuned with the offerings of your particular CT. I know that there are differences in the accessories and trim packages that are offered for sale in each country, so getting with your dealer or other CT200h Forum members from your country may provide answers to your questions that will improve your own feeling about the CT.

This forum is a great place to ask questions and get answers to both technical questions (fact based) and opinons based on personal experience(s). What I offered is more about personal "experience" and "feel". These things you need to judge based on the "personal" impact to you.

Given what I have experienced, I would do it all again.

· Registered
83 Posts
I think the CT is a really nice car, but biggest adjustment for me is the freeway driving. Almost purchased a Passat TDI, which would be a more fun freeway driver
Hmmm, not sure why a diesel sedan would be more fun than this car but maybe try leaving it in sport mode all the time and you'll find it more responsive. I guess you could get a 6 speed with the TDI which might me more fun for some.

I traded in a 12 yr old Lexus RX 300 last week and I honestly couldn't be happier. For me the biggest adjustment is getting used to the more limited vision and the unusual feel of the brakes but otherwise I'm feelin' very at home in the car already.
Of course all the technology in this car compared to my previous one means I'm learning new things it does every day , but hey that's fun!

One thing I was pleasantly surprised by though was the power delivery in Sport mode. Everyone slags this car for lack of power yadda, yadda, yadda and sure, its no race-car but compared to the 195hp, 4000 lb boat the RX was this thing feels positively quick and nimble to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.