Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me if there is a dot matrix on the glass? if so, which ones? the guy who is going to tint my windows needs to know.

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Yes, there is (at the edges). The dot matrix is located on:

- upper part of windshield
- small triangular windows on the rear/sides in the hatch area (at the perimeter of the window)
- perimeter of the rear hatch window

My windows are tinted and I was never asked that in advance. Why does he need to know that in advance?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Some tinters actually sand down the matrix in order for the tint to adhere completely. It prevents bubbling at the edges of the tint. Other installers will install the tint right up to the edge of the matrix instead of covering it to prevent bubbling.

My installer just installed the tint over the matrix. No bubbling is noted.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matt's right. He wants to be prepared for the dots. He has never done a CT before, which kinda has me concerned. He also said he can not take the tint to the edge of the rolling windows. How far did they go on your tint?

By the way, my tint guy is going to use F1 pinnacle film.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
theres a large area of the dots in the middle of the windshield, behind the rearview mirror as well if you are getting the front window tinted
You mean the windshield I take it? The front windows (i.e. drivers & passengers) do not have any dot matrix's on them.

jeffp - The guy I took my CT to never knew what a CT was, nor did he tint one before...but he's a very reputable tint shop owner that has been tinting for many years. My tint was done up to the edge of the dots and you can't even see any differences or irregular cuts. I was able to watch him tint my car and it was pretty neat to see. He would spray the outside glass, cut a piece of film to approx dimensions, then lay the film on the glass so it was smooth. Then he took his knife and cut the exact shape that was needed from the outside looking in. Genius! :D

That said, go to someone that has nothing but raving reviews and you should be all set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts