Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone any ideas on protecting the edges of doors , I bought some strips that slot over the door edge but you cant close the door. Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
For my 2010 Prius, I used the Toyota branded door edge protector. I won't do it again. Although it was color coded, the aluminum strip fit over the edge of the door and filled the gap between the fron and rear doors nicely - it looked terrible (IMHO).

I also think that it is counterintuitive. Although "I" am careful when opening my doors not to "bang" into the car next to me - this door edge protector doesn't prevent "the other guy" who doesn't care about HIS car to bang his door into the side of my car - causing a dent.

Anyway, I won't install that again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also think that it is counterintuitive. Although "I" am careful when opening my doors not to "bang" into the car next to me - this door edge protector doesn't prevent "the other guy" who doesn't care about HIS car to bang his door into the side of my car - causing a dent.

Anyway, I won't install that again.
I feel the exact same way. My CT came with the Lexus door edge protectors and I plan to remove them as soon as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts